3DCoat Forums

Is it possible to switch OFF uv unwrap preview?

Taros

Hello,

I would like to switch off the realtime uv unwrap.

I am working with objects with a lot of polygons and then it begins to get slower when marking seams.

Is is possible to switch off the realtime unwrap?

Be creative

Chris

Unfortunately not. This has been on my "must submit for feature request" list for some time. I noticed that the real time aspect of it can sometimes cause lag (especially while running capture software, or webinar software). Anyway, Another +1 for this feature request.

• Advanced Member

Hello,

I would like to switch off the realtime uv unwrap.

I am working with objects with a lot of polygons and then it begins to get slower when marking seams.

Is is possible to switch off the realtime unwrap?

Be creative

Chris

+1... The lag with large meshes is annoying sometimes...

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

+1... The lag with large meshes is annoying sometimes...

Yeah, bump this!

Also, preview for split ring on complex topology should have option to not show so much preview. Yes, you need some preview, but I think it should be in 2 stages - a quick preview which shows a few segments on either end, and then once you've been there for a while it should show the rest...

but often when using split ring, I'll split, and then not move and it wants to show a split ring now perpendicular to the new loop I just made.... and I almost never want to do that, so I have to wait if it's a large complex model.

Yes, several of the Real Time Preview items need to be optimized for interactivity.

Also I've notice more lagging in general lately... while reviewing a model, sometimes I'll get hiccupppssss in the display when my cursor drags over the model. All I want to do is spin the thing so I can look at it, maybe zoom in a little... so it should not be lagging so much.

I think switching tools helps, but that's not a great requirement :D in order to be able to spin the model without lag ;)

• Advanced Member

I guess, the best way will be to set it optional or switchable. If you need it for a current island, you could press a key or the spacebar to get a menu that allows a automatic unwrap or more dedicated options.

Yup... optional is good.

And as I mentioned, maybe a 2-stage real time response... a qick preview that STOPS immediately upon mouse movement... but could continue once mouse movement stops.

This would work for any of it. If it's fast, then mouse movement won't stop it. If it's slow, mouse movement would pause it's calcultation, then it coudl continue once mouse movemeent stops.