3DCoat Forums

Quick Licensing question - Linux + Win

pbowmar

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Quick question before I pull the "buy" trigger:

On the Linux page, there is Linux and Linux + Win which is $40 more. I am guessing but want to clarify: This means the license can also be used on my Windows laptop, but not at the same time as my Linux workstation is running it.

If I'm correct, does that mean the license simply won't work on Windows if I buy the "Linux" only license?

Just to help me make the right purchasing choice :)

Cheers,

Peter B

That is correct!

If you're running the Win-Lin license you can only run it on one machine at a time but you can have it installed on both machines. Worth the $40 price difference if you use both Win or Lin.

If you purchase the Lin only license then of course it will only run on Lin, and not Win or Mac.

Hope this helps!

• Advanced Member
If I'm correct, does that mean the license simply won't work on Windows if I buy the "Linux" only license?

That's right. Windows license and Linux license are two different format of serials number.

So if you buy the "Linux" only license, you will get a serial number only work on Linux.

But if you buy the "Win&Linux" license, you will get two serial numbers, one for Linux and one for Windows.

With "Win&Linux" license, you can use 3D-Coat on your Windows laptop and your Linux workstation at the same time. But do not use on two Windows or two Linux at the same time. One Windows and one Linux at the same time is OK.

• Like 1