3DCoat Forums

3DC 64 bit for MAC

DRAWINGTANK

I hope we see a 64 bit 3DC for MACs.... soon for this would be another advantage over ZBrush and show how fast 3DC is been developed

( there are lots and lost of " unhappy " MAC / Zbrush users over at Zbrush central )

not to mention that 3DC 32 bit is no good performance wise for anything slightly high res :(

I cant wait for the day that voxels true power and advantage over poly s is unleashed !

come on Andrew you can do it :clapping:

Thanks again for taking the time

• Advanced Member

64 bit will never speed up because large addressing leads to bigger structures and therefore to less effective usage of the processor cash.

But 64 will allow use bigger figures, more stability.

OSX/Linux programmer thinks how to do that but it is far not easy.

I understand that 64 bit will not increase speed but it defiantly help in stability at high voxel resolutions. What I really am interested in is your Plans for OpenCL an the mac. That is really important to me.

I understand that 64 bit will not increase speed but it defiantly help in stability at high voxel resolutions. What I really am interested in is your Plans for OpenCL an the mac. That is really important to me.

My thoughts exactly... 64 bit would give much " needed " stability at higher voxel res. it would also help when merging HiRes OBJ models

this would allow us to stay in Voxel mode until the the very end of the sculpt, If I could I would never touch polys again !

+1 very interested in your plans for the Mac specially if 3DC will harness all the goodies of Snow Leopard

I get very exited with 3DC 64 bit harnessing the power of Grand Central etc... the things we could achieve ( How about CUDA for Mac ? )

NVIDIA now makes a CUDA graphic cad for Mac

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_gtx_280_us.html

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Putting my hand up for 64 bit and OpenCL as well. Mac is my primary platform at home now so any and all improvements to 3dc for this platform are welcome. I only really use a pc anymore because that's what my studio uses. All of my personal work gets done on a mac though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just bumping this up from forgotten land .... it's been a while

this would be huge for unlike windows which has 32 bit and 64 bit versions... all MACS are 64 bit and OSX Snow Leopard is you guested 64 bit !

so Andrew if you could find in your heart to bring the Mac users to the joy and bliss of 64 bit nirvana I would be grateful to you

thank you for your time :clapping: