3DCoat Forums

more advanced "stripe" brushing?

jbshorty

Hi Andrew. First i want to say congrats on this software. It really does have some unique features among the competition. Good luck on continuing the development...

And now some requests from me regarding the "stripe" function-

I would like to have more powerful controls for the qualities of :

spacing jitter

scaling jitter

color (hue) jitter

rotation jitter

specular jitter

opacity jitter

bump jitter

Also would like to use 4 images to paint all in one stroke for the qualities of Color, Alpha, Bump, and Specular. The best example i can think of is the Texture Brushes from the program Deep Paint. They have an amazing result from using multiple images in one brush stroke. There is a free version of their 2D software which you can download at the link posted below. I believe it functions the same as their 3D version (which i have not tried). If you can follow this example of their tools, plus you have the extra power of using/reusing editable splines then your program can be much improved by this... :)

http://www.download.com/Deep-Paint/3000-2191_4-10398243.html

thanks,

shorty

Every pen in 3D Brush have some set of jitters:

- position jitter (was add in 2.01 - download there www.mediafire.com/?8nejm1u9lmg )

- rotation jitter

- size jitter

- bump/depth jitter

but it really coul be useful to add jitters like you have told:

color (hue) jitter

specular jitter

opacity jitter

Thanks for proposition!

post-1-1192209675_thumb.jpg

Every pen in 3D Brush have some set of jitters:

- position jitter (was add in 2.01 - download there www.mediafire.com/?8nejm1u9lmg )

- rotation jitter

- size jitter

- bump/depth jitter

but it really coul be useful to add jitters like you have told:

color (hue) jitter

specular jitter

opacity jitter

Thanks for proposition!

post-1-1192209675_thumb.jpg

Maybe i just need to look more into the options before i speak of these things :rolleyes: . What do you think of the idea of using 4 seperate images (Color, Alpha, Bump, and Specular)

to paint all in one stripe, such as Deep Paint can do?

shorty

Hello again. So now i have figured out how to create the new brush using PSD files. But still I can not get the "stripe" result which i am looking for. Please see these examples of what is possible in the Deep Paint program :

Rocks

Zip

Metal Strap

Tooth Paste

Ivy in Fall

then could you please let me know how to do a similar effect in 3D Brush? If not possible right now, then please consider to add this type of function. Also i think it would help to have a more advanced brush editor, with ability to load/replace individual maps for each channel (color, bump, alpha, specular) such as DP has. Sorry I don't mean to imply that your program should just copy Deep Paint. But i think they already have a good system to handle so many options. There is a good example in there already...

Thanks,

shorty

1)Rocks - you should create the pen with corresponding opacity mask corrected in Photoshop an with rotation jitter. Also erase mask shoud be created (to erase pixels under rocks).

2)Zip - you should create strip from tga file (depth should be stored in alpha, color - in RGB)

3)Metal Strap - likeZip, but some correction in photoshop need to add shadow effect

4)Tooth Paste - create colored strip like in (2)

5)Ivy in Fall - create pen with angular jitter (Draw with spots should be set). Also erase mask shoud be created (to erase pixels under ivy). The only problem is color changing (it is not implemented).

Erase mask is a mask for erasing everything in layer with this mask under the pen.

The only thing is really absent in 3D-Brush - spacing (to preserve constant distance between spots). Also wet effects are absent.

Also have you seen the possibility to create pen from 3D-object? Now it is done withiout using texture or vertex color but i think it is also will be implemented in future.

Deep Painter also can be used instead of Photoshop like external editor in 3D-Brush (it is not so convinient but possible).