3DCoat Forums

spline drawing suggestions

jbshorty

Hi Andrew. A few suggestions to improve the spline drawing function :

1) option to set the 2 ends of spline to be "open" or "closed" (end of curve will be extended to match the tangency at start of curve)...

2) change radius of existing spline points. my idea is to select any point then adjust by dragging with Right Mouse Button. right now i am deleting a point, then adding a new point at different radius. But would prefer direct adjustment...

3) option to assign curve points with "no influence" on the curve width. A curve will flow through this point, but the point does not influence the curve's width. Maybe these points could be displayed in a different color from standard points. Or maybe they are drawn as torus instead of sphere...

thanks,

S H :brush: R T Y

thanks! :) I also have some more wishes that might be not so easy to set up :

4) project curves onto mesh along X, Y, Z, or along axis of current view.

5) pull curve to mesh along the normal vectors

6) snapping to vertex, mid-edge, and face center of the smoothed low-poly mesh. Meaning it will snap to the position of smoothed mesh, but only snapping points to those corresponding to low-poly mesh. Otherwise would go crazy if trying to snap to the high-poly mesh

7) import curves from other file formats (3DM, DXF, AI and others). I would like to draw complex spline paths in Rhino (3DM) and then import to 3DBrush to create texture detail in a very precise way...

shorty