3DCoat Forums

Helmet type

digman

• Reputable Contributor

I was going for a little more of a hard edge sculpt look on parts of the helmet. The helmet is really a collection of different ways as I tried to get better edges using just the tools of 3DCoat. Some worked out better than others... :blink:

More work still to be done.

post-518-12668423142699_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

nice work. liking the "space-mariner" feel of it, good choice of shader too!

hopefully the "multi-res" Andrew is apparently adding to the vox-room will allow for sharper details without needing to increase the res of the vox layer to unusable levels. I too have trouble getting sharp details with little distortion below 4x voxel resolution(or sizing the vox object up VERY LARGE instead of increasing the vox layer res).

Cool design... :)

Looking forward to your future work on this.

PS - I know what you mean about one method vs another. Some are great some are not. It also depends on what exactly you're trying to do with one method vs another. Since voxel sculpting is so new, it's required to explore what can be done. I will be happy for the day when we can just look at our reference chart (or by memory of course) and say, "I'm doing trying to do X on this particular shape/sculpt, so I should do Y to achieve it."

• Reputable Contributor

Second pass at the Helmet. Rendered in 3DCoat using the real time render with 3 lights. Top light effect made in another program. I used the split tool as a cutter on objects imported. This allowed me to make harder edged pieces.

3 million triangles...

post-518-12670939139584_thumb.jpg

• Like 1