3DCoat Forums

I'm eating my own dog food now

• Advanced Member

Hi all,

I know many of the CG artist here are also Web designers/developers. I just developed a new Web application named resizeMyBrowser.

With it you can set the browser window size accurately in order to simulate the screen of different devices, such as iPhone, iPad, etc.

It's especially useful for us to test web layouts on different browser resolutions. I'm pretty enjoying eating my own dog food now.

Hope you can find it useful to you too.

Let me how do you think about it. :rolleyes:

Oops, here is it:

http://resizemybrowser.com

:)

• Contributor

Hi all,

I know many of the CG artist here are also Web designers/developers. I just developed a new Web application named resizeMyBrowser.

With it you can set the browser window size accurately in order to simulate the screen of different devices, such as iPhone, iPad, etc.

It's especially useful for us to test web layouts on different browser resolutions. I'm pretty enjoying eating my own dog food now.

Hope you can find it useful to you too.

Let me how do you think about it. rolleyes.gif

Oops, here is it:

http://resizemybrowser.com

smile.gif

hi, lc8b105...that's pretty cool, n may be really useful when I get a chance to revamp my personal website..would also be useful for getting a preview of how one's game/screesaver,etc would look on various screens....how much are you asking for this little jewel ?

• Advanced Member

ok, thanks a bunch !good.gif but plse post a link or email where folks can at least make donations smile.gif

Thanks for heads up! I just added a donate button at the bottom of about page:

http://resizemybrowser.com/about/

But based on my experiences in previous years, there are really very few people make donation to free application, even if the application is really good and they use it daily.

So I really can't expect much on it. Get 1 or 2 donations in a year, that is already a difficult task.

But maybe I could be wrong? :unsure:

• Advanced Member

That really is very useful. I like the inner/outer button. Thanks for sharing this!

Greg

Hi Greg,

Glad you like it! Have you notice the "current size" value is in real-time while you resize the browser window manually?

And you can add your own presets too.

Cheers!

• Contributor

Hi Greg,

Glad you like it! Have you notice the "current size" value is in real-time while you resize the browser window manually?

And you can add your own presets too.

Cheers!

No, I hadn't noticed it. Thanks! I've bookmarked this, and gonna tweet about it :)

Greg

• Advanced Member

I'm glad to tell that, just 5 days, resizeMyBrowser is already very popular in the design community now.

On July 12, only in a single day there are 10,310 unique visitors from 116 countries/territories, and the trend is growing rapidly.

(In that single day, 4806 visits from United States, 1529 from Japan and 1118 from United Kingdom )(according to google analytics)

If you are searching "resizeMyBrowser" in google, especially in google.jp, you'll find many review articles of more than 30 pages of searching results.

That's unbelievable since it is only online for 5 days.

I'm very happy that people like my work, thanks for your support!

Now I got some experience in programming(through very basic), my further step is to develop a plugin for 3D-Coat.

I've got some really good ideas, but I can't say more until I finished it besides it's web and 3d related. Still a long way to go.

:)