3DCoat Forums

3D-Brush and other platforms

Unaided

I have a little experience with sculpt softwares, and in many ways, this is also due to ZBrush interface and workflow. Is a very big program, but also is a useful-hard specially at starting.

I was attempt testing with Mudbox, but I'm much glad to have to know 3D-Brush. Is very much complete and most intuitive and easy workflow.

Thanks Andrew and all collaborative people.

My first question is about portabilty.

Do you have plans to port this jewel to OSX and/or Linux platform?

I'm very interested in this possibility, and I sure that I don't be the only interested.

I think is interesting that you not discard those platforms.

I will hope impatient news about it. :)

In my opinion 3DBrush, is powerful in many aspects, but speacially by the difference versus ZBrush, because its easy learning-time workflow.

• 1 month later...

Still no serious progress because that programmer works also on other projects. We have 3 main problems:

1) I need at least a week to port render engine to support both OpenGL/DirectX (now supports only DirectX). Only me can make this task. OpenGL support is very required to port.

2) We have no Mac computer and we can't install MacOS on usual intel platform. I know it is possible but with some great hacks. May be someone knows a good way?

3) We plan to make serious marketing company and big changes in engine are dangerous now.

Especially (2) is a problem, I have no big desire to buy very expensive Mac computer, Mac computers are not widely used in Ukraine and are 2x-3x expensive.