3DCoat Forums

autoretopo drawing

proflooney

guys I havent had to much time to mess with 3d lately as i been babysitting new grandbaby.

the question I have if i can ever get it working, is ppl say something abt drawing edgeloop guides for autoretopoing.

my question is how do you draw? I cant figure out what tool to use to draw lines for my edgeloops

Joe

Proflooney:

All of this takes place within the "wizard" that is initialized when you select "Quadrangulate object" by right clicking on the desired voxel layer in the Voxel Room.

After you define, (or ignore), areas of highest density, you are asked to draw some guide strokes. You can control the density of control points with the "Spline Points Density" slider in the upper right side of the top toolbar. An edge loop can be drawn by dragging from outside the sculpture, across the region of the sculpture you want a set of loops to be applied, all the way to empty space on the other side of the sculpture, then release the mouse button. An edge loop guide has been thus created.

Greg Smith

ok thanks

I tried it but the autoretopo ignores my fingers and doesnt topo them and i have a really crappy looking import using dx but when i try open gl i get a crash which might be due to memory as my model is almost 300k and i only have 3 gig ram. really frustrating as it takes me forever to topo something let alone retopo lol it takes me abt 3 weeks to retopo with a nice clean edgeflow and i am just trying to get me a nice clean female basemesh with even quads and good edgeflow so I have a female base. I already have a decent male one, but times limited now i have a new grandbaby to babysit daily

Joe

Proflooney:

All of this takes place within the "wizard" that is initialized when you select "Quadrangulate object" by right clicking on the desired voxel layer in the Voxel Room.

After you define, (or ignore), areas of highest density, you are asked to draw some guide strokes. You can control the density of control points with the "Spline Points Density" slider in the upper right side of the top toolbar. An edge loop can be drawn by dragging from outside the sculpture, across the region of the sculpture you want a set of loops to be applied, all the way to empty space on the other side of the sculpture, then release the mouse button. An edge loop guide has been thus created.

Greg Smith

• Contributor

ok thanks

I tried it but the autoretopo ignores my fingers and doesnt topo them and i have a really crappy looking import using dx but when i try open gl i get a crash which might be due to memory as my model is almost 300k and i only have 3 gig ram. really frustrating as it takes me forever to topo something let alone retopo lol it takes me abt 3 weeks to retopo with a nice clean edgeflow and i am just trying to get me a nice clean female basemesh with even quads and good edgeflow so I have a female base. I already have a decent male one, but times limited now i have a new grandbaby to babysit daily

Joe

New grand babies take long naps. <_< Import (DX) at a hiher res?

• Contributor

Being a greenhorn myself, I would go higher with res and maybe smoothing. The size of the imported object can be increased also (it will hold more voxels, thus a higher resolution in voxels). Seeing details can also be enhanced by experimenting with your lights.

my question is im already importing a 256k poly model thats why im wondering how to increase the poly coult it is when imported so it dont look so crappy

Joe

Being a greenhorn myself, I would go higher with res and maybe smoothing. The size of the imported object can be increased also (it will hold more voxels, thus a higher resolution in voxels). Seeing details can also be enhanced by experimenting with your lights.