3DCoat Forums

Upgrade Educational Licence or demo reboot

Takkik

Hi every one. I've tested a bit 3d coat early this year but i was in the middle a move to a new home and didn't get really the time to fully test the 30 day evaluation. The voxel sculpting looked nice but since i didn't get the time to try it in my workflow i forgotten about it and kept using zbrush. Now with the launch of the 3.5 i've got really interested by the spaceship vid and hard surface sculpting that give this application. The hability to add/cut/merge models is really great an easier than in zb (the voxel add more freedom).

I would like to know if it's possible to get a new 30 day trial or, if i buy an educational licence, is it possible to upgrade it later to a commercial one ?

Thanks

• Reputable Contributor

Hi every one. I've tested a bit 3d coat early this year but i was in the middle a move to a new home and didn't get really the time to fully test the 30 day evaluation. The voxel sculpting looked nice but since i didn't get the time to try it in my workflow i forgotten about it and kept using zbrush. Now with the launch of the 3.5 i've got really interested by the spaceship vid and hard surface sculpting that give this application. The hability to add/cut/merge models is really great an easier than in zb (the voxel add more freedom).

I would like to know if it's possible to get a new 30 day trial or, if i buy an educational licence, is it possible to upgrade it later to a commercial one ?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade it to commercial later by paying the difference. That's how ZBrush handles it as well. You should be able to contact sales@3d-coat.com and let them know when you purchased the ED version. The difference will be based on what the commercial version costs now, not in the future.

Here is the official word from Sales:

"We can make upgrade from Edu to Prof, but in this particular case he (and everybody till 15 October) can download this new version and try it and buy for 235$ till 15 October.

After 15 October, updrade from Edu to Prof will cost difference 349-99 = 250$"

• Like 1

Here is the official word from Sales:

"We can make upgrade from Edu to Prof, but in this particular case he (and everybody till 15 October) can download this new version and try it and buy for 235$ till 15 October.

After 15 October, updrade from Edu to Prof will cost difference 349-99 = 250{:content:}quot;

Excellent information. Thank you sir. :)

Takkik:

It is a little unclear to me, as well. But, it looks like if you presently own an Edu license and want to upgrade before October 15th, you've got to pay $235 total. If you wait, and upgrade after the 15th, you've got to pay $250. So, you save $15 if you buy now.

Greg Smith

235$ isnt the price of the full pro version until 16 oct?