3DCoat Forums

Floating licenses

Jorge Adorni

Hi Andrew

Im a new user, about to purchase 3d-coat and looking at the buy now page I noticed the following lines:

"Sometimes the Software will connect to the Pilgways web-based server to check simultaneous use of the software on a computer."...

In case of repeated simultaneous use of the same serial number on several computers the serial number and the normal work of the Software will be permanently blocked.

Im just a single user but I have a couple of workstations and I would like to have 3d-coat available on them.

Im afraid of leaving a session open accidentally and keep working in another workstation and eventually, by repetition of mistakes, have my soft "permanently blocked".

Have you considered adding floating licenses with a license server?

This way, the second session of 3d-coat simply wont start until the license is free.

I think it would be really nice to have it.

Thank you.

• Advanced Member

Yeah Cinema4D has the same. If I have a copy of Cinema4D open on my PC and I want to open Cinema4D on my laptop is says that it can't run because there is already a copy running with the same license.

I think this would be handy for 3DCoat as well indeed.

Peace,

Rich_Art. :good:

• Advanced Member

I use 3D-Coat on two PC's, maybe three someday. One at work, one laptop and one computer both at home. This is ok with the license! (one at work, two at home is the limit)

I BELIEVE that blocking a license is not done automatically, only if they think a license is pirated. BUT that is something Andrew has to clarify, if he want to.

I've accidentally left it open on one computer while using it on another and seen the warning pop up. The first time it happened I emailed Andrew and he just said "it's OK". So I'm guess all it does it throw up a red flag and Andrew makes the final decision.

• Advanced Member

Just to be sure, I may install it on 2 computers but I may not use it at the same time. (is hard to do of course. There are no 2 Rich_Art's so I can't work on 2 pc's at the same time. LoL)

No problem for me but I just received my license and I want to use it mainly on my PC and occasionally on my laptop.

Peace,

Rich_Art. :good: