3DCoat Forums

Is it pose or transform?

jimiclay

I'm confused by the transform tool video on the 3DCoat website voxel tutorial. Which one is it? What I get, and what the video shows are two different things. What I'm trying to do is taper a cylinder along the y axis, so that its shorter on the top end and wider on the bottom end. But the pose tool doesn't work at all, and the transform tool just moves the object. Which way does it go?

post-607-12939885979172_thumb.jpg

Phil,

I'm not sure I understand your question. I did what you see in the image, which was to created a cylinder with the primitives tool and select the pose tool to try and deform it.

Greg,

thanks for your making it a little clearer for me. But what you're not saying is really bothering me. First off, did I do something wrong? Does the pose tool work or not? I still don't understand. Furthermore, what I did do was

use the freeform primitive to deform the cylinder. Again, which tool is it that we're talking about? Is the transform tool the same thing as the pose tool? or are they distinct? I'm just trying to understand.

The Pose tool requires you to make a selection on the model, in this case I use the "Line" type of selection which makes a gradient similar to making one in Photoshop.

Perhaps it's easier to see with a different shader. Some shaders are just black, others have this rainbow look.

http://screencast.com/t/xZoIy99lJN

The Pose tool requires you to make a selection on the model, in this case I use the "Line" type of selection which makes a gradient similar to making one in Photoshop.

Perhaps it's easier to see with a different shader. Some shaders are just black, others have this rainbow look.

http://screencast.com/t/xZoIy99lJN

Thanks Phil,

U DA MAN!