3DCoat Forums

hand painting in 3d-coat video

murph

hey everyone, first post here. I've made a couple hand-painted style characters using 3dcoat, and my most recent one was for the pre-dominance war contest. I recorded a short video showing some of my process:

(sorry, embedding isn't working for some reason.

Here's the final outcome:

_dwar_wip24.jpg

hey everyone, first post here. I've made a couple hand-painted style characters using 3dcoat, and my most recent one was for the pre-dominance war contest. I recorded a short video showing some of my process:

(sorry, embedding isn't working for some reason.

Here's the final outcome:

_dwar_wip24.jpg

Very nice video and work as a whole. Like it a lot.

Best regards,

Ron.

Hi Murph, I already posted on your Vimeo vid but thought I'd post here as well - I wanted to know what you use for your brush settings, as mine always seems to come out a little jagged on low poly models and I can't seem to get a nice clean paint setting like yours. If you could let me know what brush smoothness, alpha, size, etc. you use that would be great. Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Cool video. I was just wondering how do you spread your paint? I am completely new to 3D-Coat.

For example, when you paint the boots at the 3:18 mark, how do you make that gradient? I got a similar result by modifying the opacity, but I noticed you didn't change the opacity at all in your video, yet got a very nice gradient.

I noticed the original author hasn't posted in a very long time, if anyone else can answer it, it would be amazing, thanks!