3DCoat Forums

Pinch brush

philnolan3d

• 5 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
There is "Collapse" in sculpt mode. It is the same like pinch. But it works only in sculpt mode. Really, it could be good to have something like pinch and smudge in usual paint mode. It is in my plans.

Has anything happened on this? I just did a project where the client made just some minor changes - the Mudbox "pinch brush" would be the exact tool I'd need to make the changes.

Paul

• Advanced Member
Maybe I'm missing it, but I think it would be great to have something like MudBox's Pinch brush. it sucks all of the geometry towards the center of the brush, great for making sharp creases or other hard edges. Image of it in use attached.

As Andrew said, you can use the sculpt mode, which has pinch. But from my understand of 3D-brush, sculpt mode is sculpting on the raw polygons where as sculpting thru the Depth channel is vector displacement. I assume you want the sculpting tool to be added to vector displacement(Depth) channel?

It would be useful if we had access to all the sculpting tool for vector displacement, maybe it can be done like this? I would need those sculpting tools for vector displacement before i can use 3D-brush for my working works.

post-564-1204313382_thumb.jpg