3DCoat Forums

Buying 3DCOAT

Voxelman

If I buy the Educational Version for 99$, then later buy the Professional Version for 349$, is the Professsional Version price effected in any way? Is their any sort of discount for already owning the Educational Version?

This is very important to my decision on what Version I buy first.

I plan on eventually getting the Pro Version. But was thinking of the Educational Version first until I can afford the Pro Version. But I may just wait to get the Pro Version if there is no discount for already owning the Educational Version.

I mean, 99$ is a fantastic offer (Thanks so much Andrew!), but I really want the PRO VERSION anyway...so... :pardon:

Either way, it's all good.

• Reputable Contributor

If I buy the Educational Version for 99$, then later buy the Professional Version for 349$, is the Professsional Version price effected in any way? Is their any sort of discount for already owning the Educational Version?

I plan on eventually getting the Pro Version. But was thinking of the Educational Version first until I can afford the Pro Version. But I may just wait to get the Pro Version if there is no discount for already owning the Educational Version.

I mean, 99$ is a fantastic offer (Thanks so much Andrew!), but I really want the PRO VERSION anyway...so... :pardon:

That's a good question. I know ZBrush charges over $300 just for an EDU version and when you decide to upgrade to Commerical, you just pay the difference. I'm sure Andrew would at least do the same if you e-mailed him about it. Some software companies allow you to upgrade to commercial at the regular upgrade price, so it may be much cheaper than that. But I'll let Andrew answer, to clarify.

Just wanted to ask the same question. Provided education is available to hobbyiest for non commercial purpose and it's the only limitation (if i understood correctly) i fall in that category. But who knows, i could get better at using it in the future and try to make money of what's currently only a hobby. In such case is it possible to upgrade to "pro"

There is an upgrade from Edu to Prof it cost 250$

See here: http://www.3d-coat.com/buy-now/?OS=Windows&code=

Which is exactly the difference between both. And it was right there under my eyes. Yes, i did look at that page :dash2:

Well, thanks.

Edited to add :

I just noticed it's possible to buy full 3DCoat for $299 at Javis Jones personal store (and you can bundle it with some video training for a discount on those) and you can also buy it $285 at Mirye.net store

Not sure how they can sell it cheaper than the direct store from the developper :huh:

So if you plan to buy pro directly the cheapest place is Mirye but if you want some video training too it's cheaper to buy at javisjones.com and get a bundle.

Which is exactly the difference between both. And it was right there under my eyes. Yes, i did look at that page :dash2:

lol...you and me both. Let me join you in a brief head banging on the brick wall of ignorance and newbdom. :dash2:

Thanks for clearing this up.

Ok, so that's awesome! I will get the Educational Version for now, and later when I can afford it, the Professional Version.

Thanks Andrew for taking care of us "students" who cannot afford to be in school but have the same interests in sculpting in 3D. It is very generous and really appreciated. :good:

There is an upgrade from Edu to Prof it cost 250$

See here: http://www.3d-coat.com/buy-now/?OS=Windows&code=

Thanks.

I noticed, however the price information only shows up if I use the link you provided. If I try to access the same page from the site menu, it shows everything...except no price info in the right hand column. Not sure why.

I just tried this I went to Buy Now, clicked Windows, and there was Edu to Prof, right there on the right.

I tried again...this time I did what you did (which is what I failed to do before) and clicked WINDOWS and there it was. That explains everything.

They say ignorance is bliss but in this case it's really just embarassing...lol.

Thanks for the tip. :good:

Also, keep your eye for for special sales during the year. They had one at Siggraph 2010. Maybe they'll have one again this year. If they do, that might be a good time to make your upgrade.

I'll do that.

Thanks for the Tip. :good: