3DCoat Forums

arrow enhancements

StereoMike

• Advanced Member

Cool to have arrows in 3D brush. I just have a small wish: Is it possible to scale the arrow and it's head only on x (or z, don't know which system you use) and leave y or depth at the same level? That way the arrow head would look more like an embossed 2d arrow (good for flow diagrams, what I want to use the arrows for) and not like a spear (which other people might want to use it for).

another thing: the arrow on the bottom of the pick has issues. They rise when you mark at least the middle point as hard-edged. The green/red preview looks good, but the actual executed stroke has edged where it shouldn't have them.

mike

post-567-1202215373_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
You can scale width and height of the whole curve independently - just look at Width modulator and Depth modulator.

Yes, true, but it won't address my request. With the present possibilities you won't get an embossed hard edged (not rounded) arrow that maintains the same height over the whole length.

an example what kind of arrow I'm thinking of (don't focus on the arrow in the pic lacking perspective etc, it's just to show roughly what I mean):

istockphoto_251395_3d_arrow.jpg

See? The top surface should have the same height. Simply moving the height slider to the left would result in no arrow drawn...

mike