3DCoat Forums

Voxel Issue: Voxel tools gone after proxy

Gian-Reto

• Advanced Member

Hi all

Just started playing around with 3D Coat, and while starting on my first sculpt I ran into a serious problem: After doing some Surface edit in proxy mode, when I switch back to the normal mode, all the normal voxel tools are gone.... I only see surface and command tools, as always in proxy mode.

I tried switching to proxy and back, but no luck..... maybe not important, but I had to decrease the voxel resolution before as the whole thing started to become laggy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards

Gian-Reto

• Reputable Contributor

Hi all

Just started playing around with 3D Coat, and while starting on my first sculpt I ran into a serious problem: After doing some Surface edit in proxy mode, when I switch back to the normal mode, all the normal voxel tools are gone.... I only see surface and command tools, as always in proxy mode.

I tried switching to proxy and back, but no luck..... maybe not important, but I had to decrease the voxel resolution before as the whole thing started to become laggy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards

Gian-Reto

When you switch to proxy mode, toggling out of it will always bring you back to surface mode, as that is the mode the Proxy operates from. As for lagging, that could be a number of things and without any idea what your system spec's are (and OS) + a video screen capture showing what you're trying to do...it's a shot in the dark to suggest anything. The object could be way too dense to do what you expect. It would be no different in other sculpting applications. They bog down under heavy polycounts as well, but they have means of getting around it...so does 3DC.

Don didn't actually say how to get the tools back. In case you didn't know there's a toggle icon on the Vox Tree layer right next to the proxy toggle. In surface mode, which you're now in, it looks like a curved line, click it to toggle back to voxels and it's now a cube.