3DCoat Forums

Unfamiliar Artifacts in UVs

• Contributor

While I await a confirmation from Mantis, perhaps someone here can suggest how I can rid my UV map of some weird connecting lines:

post-1430-0-40028100-1306512062_thumb.pn

This retopo was done over a previous version (I didn't want to lose my painting). Anyone with an idea?

Okay, the lines disappeared after relocating the Gismo (maybe I 'Unwrapped' in select mode?)

Hey Tony!

I'm not sure what is going on in the UV room lately... I tried to UV map some more things recently and had a ton of issues too. I've alerted Andrew to the issue. Hopefully he can get to these UV issues soon.

• Contributor

Hey Tony!

I'm not sure what is going on in the UV room lately... I tried to UV map some more things recently and had a ton of issues too. I've alerted Andrew to the issue. Hopefully he can get to these UV issues soon.

Thanks for the reply, Javis. What I wound up with is a model with two topologies. I would like to delete the first one because it is messing with my textures.

post-1430-0-81570700-1306524330_thumb.pn

post-1430-0-43784700-1306524511_thumb.pn

Ach man, yeah. That's a bummer. I'm having a similar issue with this, my mesh is "exploding" in the paint room on one computer (looks somewhat like the bad mesh results you have in the 2nd post, first image).Still have yet to pinpoint the exact problem.