3DCoat Forums

Silo Style pen adjustment

Roger_K

• Advanced Member

I apologise if this is already implemented, im in vista 64 and i can get acrobat reader to work(so no manual)

In Silo you can edit the pen size and intensity directly with the mouse. by clicking the middle button and dragging up and down the intensity is changed while moving left and right changes the size. Now if you add modifier keys to this you have alot of options.

This is something i've got very used to and i really miss when working in 3d brush.

I apologise if this is already implemented, im in vista 64 and i can get acrobat reader to work(so no manual)

In Silo you can edit the pen size and intensity directly with the mouse. by clicking the middle button and dragging up and down the intensity is changed while moving left and right changes the size. Now if you add modifier keys to this you have alot of options.

This is something i've got very used to and i really miss when working in 3d brush.

Press ~ to pop up special window to vary params.

use hotkeys [],+() to resize, change depth and rotate pen Also you can use mouse wheet to wary most parameters (come to potions)

• Advanced Member
Update your acrobat to 8.1 version - its supports 64bit Vista\XP

Thanks mate im afraid I've tried that. tried the UAC fixes, been through the tech support :/ Im moving back to XP pro this weekend, and ill keep vista x64 for certain jobs. I think Vista is nice but software support isnt there yet.

Andrew Thanks for the tip, i realised these things could be changes and the wheel assigned to them what i was suggesting was that the manipulation model in silo for the brush is very intuitive

• Advanced Member

Indeed...I'd like to see this option available too. For now, I'm just using the slider bar on the tablet

to increase brush size. Kinda takes some getting used to (not as quick or intuitive) but it's still quicker

than going up to the GUI slider. Of course being able to adjust pen size AND depth right there with

the pen would be ideal. ;)

cheers. :)

wailingmonkey

• Advanced Member
Indeed...I'd like to see this option available too. For now, I'm just using the slider bar on the tablet

to increase brush size. Kinda takes some getting used to (not as quick or intuitive) but it's still quicker

than going up to the GUI slider. Of course being able to adjust pen size AND depth right there with

the pen would be ideal. ;)

cheers. :)

wailingmonkey

i agree. I use a wacom too :)

• Advanced Member

I use a Wacom and a Space mouse. It's really cool to change various settings with a thing you can touch in reality. If you use 3db frequently you should think about spending the little money for a space navigator (it also enhances your photoshop experience nicely- and of course you can use it in xsi and other major apps)

mike