3DCoat Forums

Request: painting on UV map in 2D view

yukon_28

• Advanced Member

I think is would be very usefull to have double viewport in 3DC, one for UVs and one for normal 3d view. When you paint on UV map, 3D view updates (auto or manualy). On layers pallete you can make option to add UV layer, its helps to see UV boundaries when paint. Or even better, you can make 2 options - first to add UV layer (all UV clusters), second option - add each UV cluster as layer, then we also can easely freeze\hide\fill etc. by UV cluster. Maybe you can even make curves from UV boundaries, and export them as path to PSD.

• Advanced Member
I have 3dc on one monitor and photoshop on the other. It works quite good, you can do small tweaks and all and it updates in 3dc. I don't know if we need this feature inside 3dc?

But maybe I understood you wrong.

mike

I also work on 2 monitors, but i want this feature to be able to use 3db toolset for painting on UVs, photoshop great for many things, but i'd like to have 3db tools also in 2d view.

3db have very simple uv toolset, but with good potential i think. Any additions\improvements to UVs are welcome by many users i think.