3DCoat Forums

A few selection ideas

3DArtist

• Advanced Member

- I find it hard to see what is frozen, it would be nice if there was a way to at least change the freeze color, make it unshaded (does not respect the object shading) or even make it a pattern (ie 25% diagonal strips, or user customized)

- I think something similar has been mentioned, being able to make selections (freezing) by the carcass polygons. you could just select the one polygon on the carcass and it will automatically select all the subdivided polys.

- Brush normal snapping. by holding a user-definable modifier key(s) (ie ctrl+shift) it would lock the angle/normal of the brush to the initial polygon. this could help when i try to paint, or stamp with an image brush along hard edges and the brush starts rotating before i get to the edge which distorts the brush image.

- a small idea, creating Photoshop-like "Layer Groups". Groups could show/hide, expand and collapse multiple layers.

If any of this is unclear, i will try to explain more.

I encourage anyone to expand on any of these ideas if they are found useful.

- I find it hard to see what is frozen, it would be nice if there was a way to at least change the freeze color, make it unshaded (does not respect the object shading) or even make it a pattern (ie 25% diagonal strips, or user customized)

Will experiment with it... Maybe will make toggle betwen freeze view modes.

- I think something similar has been mentioned, being able to make selections (freezing) by the carcass polygons. you could just select the one polygon on the carcass and it will automatically select all the subdivided polys.

Easy to do. It can be made like additional drop-item in drop-list "Freeze mode"

- Brush normal snapping. by holding a user-definable modifier key(s) (ie ctrl+shift) it would lock the angle/normal of the brush to the initial polygon. this could help when i try to paint, or stamp with an image brush along hard edges and the brush starts rotating before i get to the edge which distorts the brush image.

So you need to pick normal and then use it to displace?

- a small idea, creating Photoshop-like "Layer Groups". Groups could show/hide, expand and collapse multiple layers.

Not so quick to do. But I hope it will be implemented some day because grouping is very usual for PS users. For now I have focus on making merging new objects into scene. It is my primary goal for 2.09.