3DCoat Forums

Help us help you

AbnRanger

• Reputable Contributor

If you are having a problem or a have question to ask, please, please take just a second to show a (in app) screen shot so those of us willing/trying to help, can see what settings may be chosen, what version you are using, what resolution you may be working at, etc. I'd say at least half of the questions could easily be answered if posters (new and regulars alike) would simply ALT + SHIFT + S (shortcut for save screenshot withing the application), save the link and paste it into their posts. That doesn't even take 5 seconds to do, but it can help a LOT.

A great deal of work was spent just to make this process as painless and less time-consuming as possible, for users...all within the application. No need to fire up Photoshop or to even upload a problem file to a storage site. You can take a snap shot and upload a problem file, all from within 3D Coat.

Here is a video that covers further options for getting solutions to problems/bug reporting, and requesting features. I can tell you from experience, that recording the problem (showing it in action or steps to produce it) and placing a link to the video in your Mantis report, will get a solution much, much faster than just mentioning it on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I see a LOT of folks totally disregarding this request and others like it. I want to help, but I find myself doing so less and less....simply because folks refuse to take the time to make a simple click (ALT+SHIFT+S). First, it's asking others to diagnose your problem, blindfolded. Please be more courteous, and use the tools Andrew worked hard to implement...to make troubleshooting easier on you and those trying to help.