3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat installation questions

SilverCity

Even though I've owned 3D Coat since the Mac version was available, I'm only now using it for more than sculpting. I have some install questions, since I've added some textures, etc. to my user folder and that texture folder is now almost 6 GB.

1. Can the 3D-CoatV3 folder in my User folder be moved to another drive to free up space on my main drive?

2. Or, can the texture folder, by itself, be located on another drive or does it need to stay within the 3D-CoatV3 folder?

3. Can this texture folder be shared by 3D-Coat v3.7 and v4 BETA?

Mac OS X 10.6.8

On the PC, there is a small arrow in the upper right corner of the Materials Popup. When clicked, it allows you to add folders of textures which will then be available to 3D coat. If the textures are named according to a convention, the color, depth, and specular files will all be added to a single material for applying to your model. If you RMB an existing texture and choose 'Edit Material', you can see which files are included in the material.

I assume the Mac is similar if not exactly the same.

The folder(s) can be anywhere and you can use the same procedure for the current version and the Beta.

Thanks, pixeldroid. I seem to remember that I added these files from the File>Install Extension command.

I'd like to optimize my 3D-Coat install to a smaller size, or move it to another drive, if possible. Not really a big deal, but that Texture folder just seemed to be larger than it should be.

Sorry i dont know how to change in Mac.

In windows you need to change registry

I suppose in Mac may be you need to edit options.xml file (It's located in your OS user profile folder)

And there is a Mantis request open to let the users to change the folder path in preferences:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1045