3DCoat Forums

Importing Mesh Problem?

Scott Padbury

• Advanced Member

I'am loosing alot of the object when I import the object from lightwave it is also flipping the normals and weird things happening. It has alot of detail to begin with so I need some help thanks. I forgot to add that it has not been uvmapped.

post-653-1220273135_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Never Mind I think I have got it..

Hi Scott. I wondering what you found out that fixed the problem. I can't even get a plain old six sided cube to import correctly from Lightwave (or Silo). I uncheck the smoothing and select 6 from the drop-down resolution list and select auto-map. But I keep getting a weird looking mesh.

I can load that cube in Silo, Vue, Terragen2 or UVMapper Pro, but not 3D-Coat (gl or dx). I assume it's something I'm doing wrong.

Hi Scott. I wondering what you found out that fixed the problem. I can't even get a plain old six sided cube to import correctly from Lightwave (or Silo). I uncheck the smoothing and select 6 from the drop-down resolution list and select auto-map. But I keep getting a weird looking mesh.

I can load that cube in Silo, Vue, Terragen2 or UVMapper Pro, but not 3D-Coat (gl or dx). I assume it's something I'm doing wrong.

Stay default carcass resolution. If it will not help, post your cube there :)