3DCoat Forums

Maximized Window

David Walters

• Advanced Member

Hi, first of all let me thank you for making such an effective product at an affordable price. I've just bought a copy and I am very happy with my purchase! However, I have a small request to fix a minor bug.

I work with a small monitor and usually maximize the 3DC window, but when you close the application in this state and run it again later - it hasn't remembered the maximize state of the window properly, it just opens a big window and the UI layout is a bit messed up.

MSDN says that: BOOL IsZoomed(HWND hWnd ); will return true if the window is maximized.

When you write out the window settings, if you could ignore calling GetWindowRect if the window is maximized that would be very helpful in it's own right, better yet to preserve the maximize state and call: BOOL ShowWindow( HWND hWnd, SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ); at start-up to restore the window exactly.

I realise this is just a trivial problem to fix, and I hope I haven't come across as patronising by mentioning Win32 functions, but fixing things like this add to the quality of the application and I'd love to see 3D Coat regarded as such, in every way possible!

EDIT: I should add that this is running 3D-Coat 2.10.05, DX version on Vista x64

Hi, as a quick follow up, I've just tried 3DC under XP and it's got the same problem - however it's far less visible here than in Vista. Hope you can find time to make this little fix!

No problem, I will fix it. Really on XP the border is almost invisible. Btw, thanks for hint - I newer used IsZoomed before.

• 7 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Bumping this old request now the UI is being worked on :yahoo:

To recap:

* When writing 'window.txt' if the main application window is maximized { IsZoomed(HWND hWnd ) } please do not change the existing window position data - but add a 'maximized' flag to the end instead.

* When loading 'window.txt' - set the window using the numbers from the file as usual - but if the maximize flag is set then also maximize the main window { ShowWindow( hWnd, SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED ) } as well.

I know it's really a tiny bug, and it's probably only me that cares, but please fix it! :lol: