3DCoat Forums

Fast WebGL Sculpting App

• Reputable Contributor

A fun application and since it is web based, you can use it at McDonalds or other places with wi-fi. It is great you can save the obj file as well...

Nice fine there Greg and free too...

I do need to mention that I can do as much starting with a 14,000 voxel sphere either in voxel mode or surface mode in 3DC which hardly takes any resourses at all and is much faster...

The picture is just a caricature of a head, Total 100,000 polygons in surface mode.

post-518-0-99079900-1373737870_thumb.png

Yes, I couldn't agree more. The experience is far more important than even function.

These days, the more complicated the app - the less likely I am to use it. And, I think those being raised in the phone and tablet worlds are even lazier than I - wanting a pleasurable experience - not a master's program.

Guys in the industry are no different. They are tired of jumping through hoops to get things done.

Greg

• Advanced Member

Great find Greg, thank you.

Lot of fun, impressive I could say.

It stopped working at ~65k poly.

It looks like a four threaded app.

I'm not sure if it's an uploading rate issue, though.

Just saying, now.

After some suggestions from the dev of this wonderful app.

It runs better in chrome.

Anyway, I was able to sculpt on a ~1 M faces, maintaining good performance.

All these under a WebGL environment.

Amazing.

• Advanced Member
I am amazed that the source has been provided free of charge!

You shouldn't. The developer demonstrates this amazing engine. Considering it's a webGL app. His work is amazing indeed!

It's not a sculpting environment. The brushes engine is quite primitive. 

Just to prove that sculpting can be simple, powerful - and not required to enlist a vast number of hardware and software resources to work:

@Psmith, this may not be accurate. It seems we need some hardware to maintain good performance. 

3dcoat (and blender) run extremely smooth on my hardware setup.  On very dense meshes. So happens with this webGL app. Others may have different opinions. 

• Advanced Member

I was just tweeting with them.

They have added LeapMotion support to their model viewer, which I am pleased to say is working really well.  :)

They said they were going to get LeapMotion working in Sculptfab too. Excited!

Rotating the 3d viewport already works in 3DCoat with my Leap and the Touchless app for windows.

I can't wait to see how others use this exciting new device!

• Contributor

I too can't wait to see tired arm people say it's awesome ;) especialy after trying for a few hours to sculpt something with no tactile feedback. Surely awesome.

Jking (I'm kind of a d*** here) but this is what will come of this thing.

I'm a technophile but if you look at this objectively this won't go anywhere for ergonomic reasons.

• Like 1

• Contributor

I too can't wait to see tired arm people say it's awesome ;) especialy after trying for a few hours to sculpt something with no tactile feedback. Surely awesome.

Jking (I'm kind of a d*** here) but this is what will come of this thing.

I'm a technophile but if you look at this objectively this won't go anywhere for ergonomic reasons.

I also don't want to be a d***, but I totally agree.