3DCoat Forums

Texture painting, text doesn`t apply with enter

Tiles

When i load a untextured obj file into pixel paint mode then i can add a text, and apply it by enter.

When i load an already textured obj file into pixel paint mode then i can add a text, but i cannot apply it by enter anymore.

Is there a special setting that i need to tick? Or is this a bug?

Scene is attached

post-37735-0-14650600-1374926968_thumb.j

post-37735-0-88667900-1374926970_thumb.j

addingtext.rar

• Reputable Contributor

Ok, I did some testing... I do think you might have come across a bug.  Sometimes if I hit undo or esc while using the tool, I cannot then apply the text.

I found sometimes that if I switch to another tool and come back then I can apply the text again.

Also reloading the scene works as well.

The bug does not seem to happen often but something is triggering it. I was able to apply the text but I did come across the same problem a few times...

I applied the text to dogbowl_tex...

Many thanks, and congrats for finding and confirming a bug here. I have had this behaviour that you describe here before too with a blank mesh. But was not able to reproduce it. It worked fine after switching to another tool and come back as you describe. So i thought i did something wrong, being new to the software.

Have you reported the bug already?

Indeed. I tried to apply the text to layer 3. That one`s below the dogbowl_tex layer. And so hidden by that layer. Means the text was applied. But i couldn`t see it. Thanks carlosan :)

What is curious is that the texture layer with the texture of the imported obj is above all other layers. When i import my dog bowl as obj, then the own texture is above the standard created layer 0 and layer 1. Shouldn`t the texture of the imported mesh be below all layers? This could be worth a suggestion i would say :)

Edited by Tiles