3DCoat Forums

2nd Layer won't retopo

Ghastly

• Advanced Member

I'm making an outfit where I want one layer to be the main suit and another layer to be the armour plating but I'm having troubles with the autoretopo.

The first layer retopoed with no problems but trying to retopo the plating layer I get a mesh that is wickedly dense but all collapsed in weird sort of ways.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

post-38257-0-99815200-1393552673_thumb.j

• Advanced Member

I got it to work by changing the Surface layer into a voxel layer and now it's retopoing fine. Does retopo not work on surface layers?

• Advanced Member

So I've got it retopoed now but I'm running into problems with the UV. Basically I want two separate UV maps for the outfit. One is for just the body suit, gloves, and boots and the other if for all the armour bits.  I thought that if I hid the body suit mesh and unwrapped the pads it would ignore the body suit and give me a new UV  map for just what was visible in the scene but that doesn't seem to be the way it works. How do I create a second UV map for just the armour plates?

Okay I think I figured it out. Little box where it says Default lets me add a new UV Map and then I move the faces for the plating to that new map.

Edited by Ghastly

• Advanced Member

That's just an artifact of the Autofit in Daz. I'd have to manually edit the weighmaps for the plates to give them rigity. Or I could just say "they're made of a high tech non-newtonian gel" and call it a day. Hurray for science fiction! :D