3DCoat Forums

Can I install trial version on more than one machine?

Kelleytoons

Go to solution Solved by digman,

Most likely going to buy 3D Coat but I would like to try it first (and then hope for a Christmas sale :>).

So I've downloaded the installer but I'd really like to try it on two machines, my laptop and my desktop (the laptop will be where I just fiddle around, and the desktop to put it through its paces).  I know it's a timed trial, so I don't want to install it on one machine and find out it won't let me do it on the other (if that's the case I need to think through where I really want to try it).  Is it possible to install on two machines and have it work properly through the trial period?

TIA for any assistance.

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution

You can install the trial on your laptop and desktop computer to test. The program can run on both machines but it has to be either running on the laptop or the desktop computer just not at the same time.

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

with your email? you sync it with dropbox? like you have an email server?

you really should switch to something cloud based, preferably gmail. it'll save you a lot of unnecessary hassle i think. if you need any help with that, just pm me.

No, I have Gmail (which I kind of hate) but for my "regular" email I have my own address (much better than a Gmail address for business purposes).  Using Dropbox for the mail end (which I pull off the mail server) is actually a "cloud solution" that many use (and it does work fine as long as you remember not to try and open up your mail in more than one computer at the same time -- even then it will work, but will then need a lot of cleanup).

But thanks for the offer of help (I'm a five decade IT professional so I have a *bit* of experience).