3DCoat Forums

Retopo mesh grayed out

yaschan

I'm stuck in retopo. Everyhing went well until I merged retopology layers of the barrel and the body.
For some reason now the barrel is grayed out and I can't do anything to it, even select it to separate it to other layer.
I tried even export the mesh and reimport it but it's grayed out just the same.

The ghost barrel marks as "selected" but I can't for example UV map it automap or autoseams do absolutely nothing for it. 

I would really appreciate any advice.

retopoprob.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

I think it may be due to one layer being on a different UV map. For some reason, 3D Coat greys out meshes that are not on the currently selected layer. I recently asked Andrew to give us an option to enable work on faces/meshes that are on another UV map. He said he would try to do something, but who knows when that will be. I often have to ask several times before anything happens.

It cannot be it. I loaded the mesh in Lightwave and exported with no UVs back to 3DC. 
Now when I import it I get two wireframe meshes. They don't appear to have colour or shading, just wireframe.
Whats strange is that sometimes its the barrel that appears to be editable and sometimes its the body, but never the both.

Edited by yaschan

I managed to reproduce the issue.
I selected a cylinder from rtpModels and appended to it's own layer retopo object.

Now again everything else except the retopo object is grayed out forever.
Only way I can recover from this is to reload a save.

I wish someone would tell me whats going on.