Jump to content
3D Coat Forums
Argentum

[Solved] Nothing shows up in the tweak room

Recommended Posts

I'm having some trouble with the tweak room, everytime I click on it, my model is invisible. If I hover my cursor over it, it's still there, but I can't see anything. I haven't seen anything about this online either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi !

Before import the model at paint room for PPP, have the model a material applied first in your original app ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi !

Before import the model at paint room for PPP, have the model a material applied first in your original app ?

 

The model isn't imported, it was made straight in 3dcoat. Maybe I got some terminology mixed up, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you baked the model first ?

can you see the model in paint room ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No I didn't bake the model and yes, I can see it in the paint room, I even painted on it. However, it still doesn't show up in the tweak room. In fact, even if I start a new project with a regular sphere, or anything else for that matter, it still doesn't show up in the tweak room. How odd...I thank you for your assistance so far though, it's really appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you change the display to orthographic mode and frame the model -shift + A-
can you see anything ?

can you share the project to take a look ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any link from dropbox or google drive can help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but I have to ask this fundamental question. Are you 100% sure it is not your sculpt mesh that you see in Paint Room? Disable View->Show Voxels in Paint Room when you're in the Paint Room. If your mesh disappears, then you were painting on the sculpt mesh (with vertex colors) and sculpt mesh never shows up in the Tweak Room.

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ajz3d said:

I'm sorry but I have to ask this fundamental question. Are you 100% sure it is not your sculpt mesh that you see in Paint Room? Disable View->Show Voxels in Paint Room when you're in the Paint Room. If your mesh disappears, then you were painting on the sculpt mesh (with vertex colors) and sculpt mesh never shows up in the Tweak Room.

It seems that was the exact problem.  I was indeed painting on the sculpt mesh, how would one go about correcting this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Argentum said:

It seems that was the exact problem.  I was indeed painting on the sculpt mesh, how would one go about correcting this issue?

If you want to preserve texture that you already have painted, you will need to retopologize and UV unwrap the sculpture, and then bake it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ajz3d said:

If you want to preserve texture that you already have painted, you will need to retopologize and UV unwrap the sculpture, and then bake it.

Okay, thank you for giving me your time.

 

On 9/19/2016 at 0:54 PM, Carlosan said:

Hi !

Before import the model at paint room for PPP, have the model a material applied first in your original app ?

 

And thank you for giving me your time as well Carlosan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×