3DCoat Forums

Daz3D and Photoshop CC 2020 with Topaz  & FilterForge filters. Grew up reading the fantasy works of Robert E Howard's Conan series. Both paperbacks and Marvel Comic versions. Barry Windsor Smith was my favorite Conan artist and most favorite comic book artist. Also loved those Frank Frazetta covers that appeared on the Conan paperbacks.

p2649087969-5[1].jpg

p2645335900-5[1].jpg

All rendered in DAZ3D with postwork in Photoshop & Filter Forge and Topaz plugins.

p2642483581-5[1].jpg

The Prisoner {2016}
Elephant was modeled in Sculptris, the dungeon modeled in Hexagon3D ver 2.5. Both models were textured in 3DCoat ver 3. The scene was then rendered in Vue Studio 8.5. The image was further detailed in ArtRage with some color correction in Photoshop.

My inspiration for this image was one of my favorite fantasy stories, Robert E. Howard's "Tower of the Elephant" in his Conan series...

p870533178-5[1].jpg

• Like 1

Castle I modeled a couple of years ago using Groboto3D and Hexagon 2.5.

Castle01.JPG

Castle02.JPG

Castle03.JPG

• Like 1

Playing in the paint room with my retopo'd spaceshop... Matte orange with blue trim full of grunge & dirt. Kind of like a rat rod spaceship...

spaceship-orange-with-grunge.png

spaceship-orange-with-grunge2.png

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1

Nova Scotia (Province in eastern Canada & north of the state of Maine, USA) most of business are closed except for pharmacies & grocery stores because of the corona virus concerns. Giving me more time to pursuit my 3D passion.

Here's another model I am currently working on. Love 3DC 4.9.33.  I just downloaded ver 4.9.34 and will give it a whirl..

SpaceShipX-01=KRM02.jpg

SpaceShipX-02=KRM.JPG

SpaceShipX-03=KRM.JPG

• Like 1

After purchasing & then watching Concept Masters volume 4 by Sebastian Luca, I thought I would try creating a medieval castle type windmill. Here' my feeble try. Everything was created 100 in 3DC's scupt room except for the waterwheel. I created it in Moi3D. Everything else tower, support for waterwheel, & water trough are 3DC.

SCREENCAP.JPG

WATER WHEEL.png

WATER WHEEL02.png

WATER WHEEL03.png

WATER WHEEL04.png

• Like 2

Searching among my 3D projects on my hard drive, I found this 3D model of a watermill I created many years ago and completely forgot about. I need to take the model into 3D Coat to texture it. Then create a setting in Vue Creator for a 3D rendered scene. I never know what unfinished projects I'll find on my hard drives.

WaterMill01.JPG

WaterMill02.JPG

WaterMill03.JPG

• Like 1

Anton's tutorial on creating models with 3D Coat really opened my eyes & mind to some possibilities I never thought would be possible in 3DC.

Here's a set of rims for a hot rod I am working on. The rims were 100% created in 3DC's voxel sculpt room. I've not tried to retopo yet.

Love Anton's tutorial. I wish there were more tutorials on hard surface modeling, especially vehicles and specifically autos...

Cheers & please stay safe & keep healthy....

Rim.JPG

Rim-in-PaintRoom.JPG

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1

For some reason I just had to fire up Corel Painter 2019 yesterday and not Lightroom, Photoshop, Blender, Silo3d or 3DCoat. So I launched Painter after being idle since early fall and created this.

p3895546475-5[1].jpg

• Like 3

Working a traditional styled hot rod coupe based upon this photo I took at the Atlantic Nationals Automotive Extravaganza in Moncton New Brunswick, Canada. But instead of using a 1930s Ford car cab I opted to use a late 1940s pickup truck cab.

p3313116844-5[1].jpg

1934 Ford pickup hot rod cruising on Mountain Rd EDIT 2019 {2014}=KRM02.jpg

Everything in the images below were done 100% in 3DC's voxel scuplt room.

001.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 1

Traditional hot rod tire

001.JPG

• Like 1

A door to a castle tower or dungeon prison.

Door01.JPG

Render01.png

• Like 2

Traditional style hot rod tire & rim via 1950s / 1960s. The kind that appeared in Hot Rod Magazine & Car Craft when I was a youth cluttering Mom's kitchen table with glue, Testors paints and 1/24th & 1/25th scale car model kits by Monogram, Revell, Johan , Aurora and AMT.

TireO1.JPG

Render01.png

Render02.png

Render03.png

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 2

A customized "led sled"  pickup truck based on a 1950s Chevy pickup Sketchup model from 3D Warehouse which I remeshed in Blender 2.83 (actually BforArtist fork) with the Quad Remesher plugin and customized a bit in Hexagon 3D & BforArtist. Too comfortable in Hexagon 3D & Silo3D to totally jump to Blender. Also looking into the free version of Houdini.

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

• Like 3

After this morning's yard work (tearing up dead bushes, raking leaves), visiting my Mother's gravsite and going to the grocery store I was too tired to actually replace the fuel lines on my own antique car. A 1960 Corvette which I restored in 1983 and still own. I decided to kill my afternoon with 3DCoat. Using beta 4.9.44 I thought I would like to model a V8 engine completely in the voxel room. I used no reference images. It is completely from my mind. And influenced by the 1960s Chrysler Hemi and the the Ford Boss 429 of the late 1960s & early 1970s.

The previously V8 engine I modeled was doing completely in Hexagon3D. And I used a 1/6 diecast scale model of a 1930s to early 1950s Ford flathead V8 as reference which is sets on a shelf in my computer room among near 80 other diecast models of cars (mostly vintage) of varying scales from 1/24, - 1/8th & 1/6th.

I need to add some more details like a fan belt, alternator, starter, spark plug wires & oil filter. This was created in about two hours. Which is about 1/10 the time it took me to model in the Ford flathead V8 in Hexagon3D. But to be honest the Hexagon3D model has a lot more detail.

Engine01.JPG

Engine02.JPG

Engine03.JPG

• Like 1

For comparison here is the Ford engine I did about 5 or 6 years ago in Hexagon3D. Quite pleased in the amount of time it took to model engine in 3DC considering I am only a 3DC hack and not near the skill level of most who post their work on this outstanding forum.. However I dislike the thought of having to retopo it. Retopo is a BIG PAIN in the BUTT IMHO... ;)

Flathead01.jpg

Flathead02.jpg

Flathead03.jpg

• Like 2

PS: Any tips or suggestion on how I would model a pulley belt for the 3DC engine?

Cheers & please stay healthy & safe.

Kenmo

Hi Kenmo, nice work on the engines.Not seen Hexagon for while I remember buying it for $1.99! Ha Ha 

Does the belt have teeth? If so I think my first port of call would be the spline tool, using it with the new curves system gives you more control than with the "red ball" curves system. 

If it is just a flat belt I would make a "slab" of stuff usint the cube primitive  then just use the cut of tool and cut out the profile from the front view in orthographic  mode.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 8:11 AM, stusutcliffe said:

Hi Kenmo, nice work on the engines.Not seen Hexagon for while I remember buying it for $1.99! Ha Ha 

Does the belt have teeth? If so I think my first port of call would be the spline tool, using it with the new curves system gives you more control than with the "red ball" curves system. 

If it is just a flat belt I would make a "slab" of stuff usint the cube primitive  then just use the cut of tool and cut out the profile from the front view in orthographic  mode.

A real world one would probably have teeth but I will most likely model it as a flat belt. Cheers.

I can not seem to find this new spline tool. I only see the red ball spline tool. I'm using 4.9.44.

Hi Kenmo,

Here is a couple of pics, if you can decipher them. You need to have curves activated in the  preferences . The good thing about thes curves over the 'red ball' curves is that you can use besier handles or whatever the correct term is, for better control. 

splines 001.JPG

splines 002.JPG

splines 003.JPG

• Like 1

This might help also. But use the new curves instead of the red ball curves. Maybe the red ball curves should be renamed ....

Edited by stusutcliffe
  • Like 1

Wow...thank you ever so much for the reply & tips. So much appreciated...

• Like 1