3DCoat Forums

Stop the mouse moving the camera

Just as the title says.  I got myself a space mouse, and it's great for moving the view.  But.. while in 3D coat.. I've lost count of how many times my operations have been messed up because I'd accidentally click just a hair beyond the edge of a model, and then a mouse operation that -should- work on the model, instead flings the view way off into space!  And a few times I even lost my  model in 3D space and had to reload my save, thus destroying hours of work, all because of the damned mouse!  Is there any way to go in and just -completely turn off mouse movements moving the camera-?  As in, no matter what you did with the standard mouse, not the space mouse, the view/camera would not move, and the 3D mouse/space mouse is the ONLY way to move the camera around?  If I could disable that band around the view for moving the camera while zoomed into the model as well, that'd also be lovely.  Thanks.

• Reputable Contributor

You could disable the NAVI ZONE at the very bottom of the Custom Navigation panel and you could disable the LMB action from rotating outside the object, by finding that LMB action in the panel and unchecking OUTSIDE THE OBJECT. This video shows how to setup a custom action, such as Trackball Rotation. You can get an idea how it works. If it works for you, make sure to save as a Preset, in that Panel. It's a button toward the top of the panel.

Also, for future reference, you can have 3D Coat ZOOM EXTENTS/FRAME OBJECT in the Navigation bar, by clicking the ALL icon...or SHIFT + Z. Another option is to click the crossed out "O" icon, 2 spaces to the right, in the Navigation bar. That sets your navigation to the default camera view...as if you opened the app for the first time.