3DCoat Forums

Import OBJ problem

Phil5635

Yesterday, I received great help with text (in 'text' and 'primitive' text). Today, a new problem, probably unrelated. I'm making a 'coin', basically consisting of a disc, a handful of characters, and an imported cat shape.

This all worked fine yesterday but, importing the cat shape obj today doesn't work: it's coming in angled, squashed and flattened. I have a mind to re-instal 3DC, but thought to check first if there was something obvious that I've done to create the problem. First two pictures show what the cat should look like, next what the slanted/squashed import looks like, and then what I achieved OK yesterday.

(Of course, I could settle for the one I prepared earlier, but I have some ideas to improve on it; in any case, that doesn't solve my problem.)

Thanks again to anybody who knows what I'm doing!

Iron age1.jpg

Iron age 2.jpg

Iron age 3.jpg

IronAge Cat Medallion 4June.3b.jpg

Perfect, thanks Stu! The resets worked great.

As for the cat ..... well, I get so immersed in a particular direction that I don't necessarily see the result as others do. Or don't. I'm trying to emulate late Iron Age designs which became so beautifully stylised.

Following your comment, I'll have to say, "it's a work in progress"!! So far, it's A to B to C:

Tomorrow - the World!

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Thank you Carlosan and StuSutcliffe for your kind and helpful input. I checked your links and realise that I am light years behind your impressive work. Good of you to spend time with me.

Eyes, yes: I'm hoping it'll look better when I can make pointier profiles.

Rorschach gives me ideas I hadn't even thought about (well, I had to look him up first). OK, finish the cat. Oh, and then the dog.

Thanks again. I may be back!

• Like 1