3DCoat Forums

This program is Crazy

Tamarin

I am a Blender user for many years. Recently I have been working on normal mapped game models and found the Blender sculpting tools to by useful, but somewhat limited. I noticed a thread on Blender Artists forum about 3d coat. I downloaded the V3 software and loaded it onto my computer.... :o :o :o THIS PROGRAM IS INSANE. My jaw is still on the floor. Is this program from the future? The Voxel thing is magic. I have never even heard the word Voxel, I had to look it up. I feel like a guy from the ice age who just took a ride in a Ferrari.

I still love Blender, and always will (no disrespect). This 3D Coat has so many features and my computer isn't even that great. P4 with 7600, but the Voxel modeling works great. I have read that some find the program slow, but I can't work any faster. I also saw complaints about the interface. This is also the #1 complaint of Blender. I agree that Blender is tricky to learn, but I have had 3D Coat for 2 days and I have explored most of the features without difficulty(probably because I come from Blender). I haven't tried the retopo yet because like everyone else I start with voxels and cant stop. I'm just figuring out a new work flow.

• Advanced Member
Of course 3DC is not competitor with Blender. 3DC still has no lo - poly modeling. Now we place 3DC as helper for big packages like LW, Max, Maya, Blender.

And there are many Blender users in this forum.

And TrueSpace 7.6 ?

• 2 weeks later...