3DCoat Forums

Export Channels to Cinema 4d

andykarta

What channels in Cinema 4d do I place metal and glossy files from 3DC?

Is roughness bump?

Does paint depth alter the mesh that is saved to the obj file or does the original mesh remain pristine until I apply the displacement map in Cinema.  I've heard 'rumors' that you should export the mesh before you paint because the Obj file will record the displacement from the paint as part of the original topology.  Say it ain't so.

Should I use the diffuse or color channel in Cinema for the color map in Coat.

Is there a best practices for exporting textures to Cinema?  Assume standard renderer please.

Will PBR paint work in Cinema using the built in Cinema  renderers.  I'm still deciding whether to buy Octane or Redshift so lets assume the Cinema renderer.

If I want to use Octane or Redshift do I need to do anything to prepare in Coat before I transfer to Cinema?  What about using Arnold in Maya?  Any special things to deal with that I can't do in the Maya hypershade (or can do much better in Coat).

If I plan to bake a new normal map is there a way to save the already painted layers or should I save them as textures and then apply the bake.  I know there's a sculpture update tool but I'm probably doing something wrong cuz it doesn't work.  (But that's another question for another day).

If you don't know the answer is just say so.  No one will judge you.  Making me watch forty minutes of video that doesn't answer my questions is just mean.  This is the third post in a row where your answer has been worthless.  I should go back to zbrush.  The interface is harder but the community actually tries.  Have a nice day, sir.

• Contributor

17 hours ago, andykarta said:

What channels in Cinema 4d do I place metal and glossy files from 3DC?

Is roughness bump?

Does paint depth alter the mesh that is saved to the obj file or does the original mesh remain pristine until I apply the displacement map in Cinema.  I've heard 'rumors' that you should export the mesh before you paint because the Obj file will record the displacement from the paint as part of the original topology.  Say it ain't so. It ain't so. :yes:

Should I use the diffuse or color channel in Cinema for the color map in Coat. Depends on the render engine.

Is there a best practices for exporting textures to Cinema?  Assume standard renderer please. Does Carlos have C4D?

Will PBR paint work in Cinema using the built in Cinema  renderers.  I'm still deciding whether to buy Octane or Redshift so lets assume the Cinema renderer.

If I want to use Octane or Redshift do I need to do anything to prepare in Coat before I transfer to Cinema?  What about using Arnold in Maya?  Any special things to deal with that I can't do in the Maya hypershade (or can do much better in Coat).

If I plan to bake a new normal map is there a way to save the already painted layers or should I save them as textures and then apply the bake.  I know there's a sculpture update tool but I'm probably doing something wrong cuz it doesn't work.  (But that's another question for another day).

Perhaps Carlos  doesn't have C4D, Octane, Redshift, Arnold, Maya, etc.