3DCoat Forums

Pink Lines - how to remove

Brez

I'm very new to 3D coat and I'm trying to UV unwrap a model with edge selections but there are pink lines on my model that make is hard to see if I've selected an edge.

They cover any selections / remain pink regardless.

How do I turn this off? or do I need to do fix something on my model remove them? it's driving me nuts trying to find the answer.

The only thing I can find online is that these are 'sharp edges' and I should select and clear them - but I can't figure out how to do that? Is there an option to disable their visibility in the viewport?

Any tips would be great.

(3D Coat V4.9.53)

Thanks for the reply.

'you only have to import the model again by turning off the sharp edges option on the original app.'

I'm exporting an .obj from Cinema 4D and the term 'sharp edges' /setting sharp edges isn't really used... does this refer to phong breaks on the model, because it doesn't have any..?

Only option I can see when importing to 3D Coat is the 'set sharp edges' checkbox and that is turned off. *attached screenshot

I've tried turning it on and off on import and still getting pink lines.

Annotation 2020-07-12 143859.png

What i read is: phong breaks are the equivalent of smoothing groups, I think. This allows smooth areas with the appearance of sharp seams between.

Note: This feature -Clear sharp edges- was added onto todolist. Hope to get it working asap.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...