3DCoat Forums

Can't create seem and select edge

zayca

Hello,

I am new to 3DCoat. I am trying to unwrap a hardsurface model from Blender however I cannot mark some edges as seems. They are not even recognized (highlighted) when a mouse is over. Some, other are possible to mark as seems and they are being highlighted when mouseover but for many others it is not possible. I would appreciate help. Is this a bug?

link...

: 

it's probably because your mesh exported from Blender has hard edges. If you have a version that is recent enough, go to this dropdown menu at top left of screen and untick "show sharp edges" :
unknown.png

: 

There is definitely a problem with small scale I see. I checked different fov and distance and it helps but not 100%.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Can't create seem and select edge

Latest version here.

I have checked your suggestions but still can't select some edges of beveled object's edges.. It is something related with scale, precision and angle between faces or angle of view  i guess. Very strange behavior. 

The 2nd screenshot shows zoomed edges from bevels which cannot be selected and marked as seems. Not all of them but many. I see no pattern for this behavior. If I mouseover  the edge which I want to select, the outside edge which is placed a little  further is being highlighted. 

1.png

2.png

• Carlosan changed the title to Can't create seem and select edge

I also have that problems. Especially with short edges. Some times it is impossible to select it. Also it is still impossible to select edge loop when edge is also marked like sharp. So I need to remove all sharp edges to do uv properly with all edge loops working. It is very painfull, import retopo model select all edges remove sharp edges and then start unwrapimg. It should be normal that uv ing and shrpening is not connected.

Edited by dexsoft