3DCoat Forums

UV editing improvements

• Advanced Member

* Can you make the UV viewer "preview" dockable rather than the old popup style -- being able to optionally have them side by side is nicer when working up close - than always overlapping. It'll makes the page look nicer and more modern.

Something for after v3.0 maybe:

* Add non-organic mapping operations (planer, spherical, cylindrical, box, etc.) to be applied to selected faces.

e.g Select the top of a sphere and planar map it. Select some other bits to box map it.

* Tweak individual UVs - this used to be possible in the old 2d texture painter/editor -- but seems much more logical to move that functionality to this page. It's where I'd go looknig for it if I wanted to edit the UVs.

The UV mode kind of baffles me at the moment - maybe I'm expecting something more like a traditional modelling package. You can rotate and scale UV islands at the moment though so it's kind of familiar. But it seems totally geared up to setup the LSCM algorithm with islands and it would be great to have more flexibility.

I'm sure there are lots of features from Headus UV Layout, and Blender, etc. that can be incorporated. Post here if you know more about UVs than me (not hard :drinks: ) and you want to consolidate all the UV changes you want to see in 3DC!

EDIT: for clarity.