3DCoat Forums

default shader changed?

TLE

• Contributor
Do you mean with voxels or painting? In voxels you can right-click on one of the shader balls and set it as the default. If you mean when you're painting, trying bringing the lights down in the upper-right corner.

I noticed on using the light control that the lowest setting was about the middle of the control I would like. It went from slightly washed out on the hot spot to very washed out on the hotspot, especially with a white or light colored model. :blink:

• Advanced Member
Do you mean with voxels or painting? In voxels you can right-click on one of the shader balls and set it as the default. If you mean when you're painting, trying bringing the lights down in the upper-right corner.

post-920-1244691767_thumb.jpg

I don't like having the default shader as black (see image). It was better when the default shader was a color so you didn't have to always go into the shader menu every time you enter the voxel window.

Andrew, please provide an update with a default shader something like the PicMat clay which is a nice neutral shader (but preferably not grey) so a person can just start sculpting after entering the voxel workspace. In ZBrush you always have a default shader/clay color, but the black doesn't allow you to see any sculpting as there are no shadows etc.

post-920-1244691767_thumb.jpg

I don't like having the default shader as black (see image). It was better when the default shader was a color so you didn't have to always go into the shader menu every time you enter the voxel window.

Andrew, please provide an update with a default shader something like the PicMat clay which is a nice neutral shader (but preferably not grey) so a person can just start sculpting after entering the voxel workspace. In ZBrush you always have a default shader/clay color, but the black doesn't allow you to see any sculpting as there are no shadows etc.

You just quoted where I said how to change the default. :blink: