3DCoat Forums

Paint Room bug hunt - report it here

47 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

its not a bug .. 
the color picker chooses between albedo and real world colors ... 

for example if ou see something on your model and think i like that shade the first "V" shows that color ... the v again shows the actual color without lighting or glossy etc...

grey shows up due to the bake layer below ... if youre landing on an area without color it will be greyed out as it has no information to show

Okay, so it's not a bug. However, in the process of painting and choosing colors very fast (brush-pick- brush-pick-etc.) I constantly run into the problem of sampling grey, just because I sometimes press V twice very short after each other, beacuse I realise I did not have the exact right color.
Is there a workaround for me?

Posted (edited)

I can't open a folder -(group layer) with a mask. Video:

EDIT: Okay, so if I click the group icon then it expands, but clicking the arrow does nothing. So I guess it's just confusing to have an arrow that's inactive, but when the GROUP doesn't have a mask it's active, the arrow really expands the group.

Edited by yoohasz
  • Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I stand corrected. I tell others to read the tool tips and I failed to do it myself. :shok: 

There is a lot the V key can do now but I am thinking of some suggestions to offer. 

tip.jpg

• Thanks 1