3DCoat Forums

Is there possible to get Blender controls and navigation in 3Dcoat without changing every key/shortcuts manually

Galnart

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

I really like the sculpting, retopology and texturing tools in 3Dcoat but the navigation and keybindings/shortcuts drives me crazy when i try to make things inside of 3Dcoat, i've used blender since 2009 and are now quite comfortable with the navigation in that software. can i get blender controls inside 3dcoat like from a plugin or a workflow setting or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 1:20 PM, Carlosan said:

Its difficult because Blender have 3 options: Blender, Blender 2.7x, Industry compatible, 

image.png

And dont forget emulate 3 button, emulate numpad...

well, I guess adding the Blender default as a preset would be a good start. Not sure if the other two options are needed, but I think they could be also added over time if there is a need. But anyways, the current Blender default should be added to 3D Coat. Would be really a big help for beginners coming from Blender.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I've attached my Blender navigation preset file you can open via the buttons at the top of the Customize Navigation Controls menu.

To be safe, store your current settings before opening the navigation preset file, because I've deleted nearly every other navigation shortcut, because a number of them apply to smart materials, which I've rarely used so far.

Regarding other Blender hotkeys: I'm mainly using my own custom hotkey assignments in both Blender and 3D-Coat, so I can't help you with that.

3DCoat navigation preset M7.navigation

Edited by Metin Seven
  • Thanks 4