3DCoat Forums

3DCoat for facial expression animation models

• Advanced Member

I have found that 3dcoat does not have a good solution for facial expression animation models. Due to the voxel s model, the UV and original quadrilateral faces are lost, and the re topological room is not very free to use carving brushes, and it is quite stuck. Therefore, it seems that I can only get zbrush at the moment

QQ截图20230917185718.jpg

Hi

Look at this video, is it helpful for your needed workflow ?

If not, how can be modified or improved to suit better your usual workflow on zbrush ?

Any detailed description step by step will be very useful for the dev team.

Thanks

• Advanced Member

In fact, the speed of carving is very fast. I also know that the double topology room has UV, and the carving room does not have UV, so I made a carving model with the same name for carving. However

For example, if you close your eyes and carve a room to move once, click to follow the topology, and then the room will follow the topology again. However, it will get too laggy in the middle of the process, which is about 1 second, and will affect the work very much

Since we can import the heavy topology as a low mode into the carving room, why can't we transfer it back to the heavy topology room

so

Now I don't know how to transfer the carved model to the heavy topology room, and it doesn't get stuck

If it is zbrush, it will be directly subdivided once, then carved, and the UV will be retained

Because he didn't deliver, it was much faster

QQ截图20230917202053.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

AbnRanger was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

19 hours ago, zf3d said:

In fact, the speed of carving is very fast. I also know that the double topology room has UV, and the carving room does not have UV, so I made a carving model with the same name for carving. However

For example, if you close your eyes and carve a room to move once, click to follow the topology, and then the room will follow the topology again. However, it will get too laggy in the middle of the process, which is about 1 second, and will affect the work very much

Since we can import the heavy topology as a low mode into the carving room, why can't we transfer it back to the heavy topology room

so

Now I don't know how to transfer the carved model to the heavy topology room, and it doesn't get stuck

If it is zbrush, it will be directly subdivided once, then carved, and the UV will be retained

Because he didn't deliver, it was much faster

QQ截图20230917202053.jpg

There is some noticeable lag, but I don't think it is from a lack of performance. As you can see in the example you posted, the Sculpt mesh is being moved in realtime as you would expect. However, the Retopo Mesh gets snapped once you release the pressure from your stylus. So, it is a secondary action that is being performed. Please send support a request to optimize this "Conform Retopo Mesh" feature, so that the Retopo mesh can be modified at the same time as the Sculpt Mesh, instead of being snapped afterwards. That is what causes the pause or delay after the stroke has been made. I asked Andrew if he would look at this, but sometimes it takes input from other users before he realizes it is important enough to address.

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

有一些明显的滞后,但我不认为这是由于性能不足造成的。正如您在发布的示例中所看到的,雕刻网格正在按照您的预期实时移动。然而,一旦松开手写笔的压力,Retopo Mesh 就会被折断。因此,这是正在执行的次要操作。请向支持人员发送优化此“Conform Retopo Mesh”功能的请求,以便 Retopo 网格可以与雕刻网格同时修改,而不是事后捕捉。这就是导致击球后暂停或延迟的原因。我问安德鲁是否会考虑这个问题,但有时需要其他用户的意见才能让他意识到这个问题足够重要并需要解决。

Yes, don't lose to zbrush

• Thanks 1