3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Picture Tool

Go to solution Solved by pieralessi,

• Advanced Member

Hi, I'm trying to follow up the steps on the youtube official video but sometimes works, sometimes no, I made all steps you suggested me in the YT replies but works in one new file but in this every time make something rare or no works. I put the line but the handles disappeared, was working the undo command for start again but now works only pressing escape. when I press enter no results, no image.

image.thumb.png.5b6de3619587d6ddf9e6f0254418ac50.png

• Advanced Member

Windows 10

Hi, sometimes the picture appears, sometimes not like now, I tried with a new layer but nothing, before with Undo I went back and tried again, the image appeared but with a color that I had managed to solve by changing it to white. Now I return only with scape but it is still not working. I had tried it on another document with a ball of material and it had worked. With the original document, if I redo the mapping, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks

• Advanced Member

No solution?

Hi, sometimes the picture appears, sometimes not like now, I tried with a new layer but nothing, before with Undo I went back and tried again, the image appeared but with a color that I had managed to solve by changing it to white. Now I return only with scape but it is still not working. I had tried it on another document with a ball of material and it had worked. With the original document, if I redo the mapping, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Thanks

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

image.thumb.png.5dce69f880a643d894434c0871c74fd9.png

Finally done, it is really impossible to guess the values of each element understanding that these are somewhat abstract, especially for those who do not have experience with the program. I was trying to test values before but I would have to do countless permutations until I found the result, this is not discussed much in the videos. I was trying to create a repetition of the picture with a circle but it was difficult for me to make it a perfect circle, even with the "circle" option in the tool options. I tried it with the drawing tools circle and it didn't work. I know I'm asking too much but 3D Coat, although it has lots of (old) tutorials, does not have an orderly teaching method, not all tools have F1 search, nor a visual explanation on the page, just text that is not understood. This consumes a lot of time for me to have to venture out and try values and options that are not intuitive at all. Thank you

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Picture Tool
  • Reputable Contributor
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

AbnRanger was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:33 PM, pieralessi said:

image.thumb.png.5dce69f880a643d894434c0871c74fd9.png

Finally done, it is really impossible to guess the values of each element understanding that these are somewhat abstract, especially for those who do not have experience with the program. I was trying to test values before but I would have to do countless permutations until I found the result, this is not discussed much in the videos. I was trying to create a repetition of the picture with a circle but it was difficult for me to make it a perfect circle, even with the "circle" option in the tool options. I tried it with the drawing tools circle and it didn't work. I know I'm asking too much but 3D Coat, although it has lots of (old) tutorials, does not have an orderly teaching method, not all tools have F1 search, nor a visual explanation on the page, just text that is not understood. This consumes a lot of time for me to have to venture out and try values and options that are not intuitive at all. Thank you

If you are placing points and don't actually see the circles representing them, that indicates something is really skewed with scale/width values. Setting them back to the defaults can help in such a situation.