3DCoat Forums

My textures do not render properly after using applink into blender.

Hello guys I think probably I am doing something wrong. If anybody could give me a north would be appreciated. I have tryed in different ways, this one is the closer one to what I had inside 3D COAT, but is not even close. 

Pictures 1 and 2 inside 3D COAt

Picture 3 Inside Blender trough Blender 4 Applink conection. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O9JhiqacR71ZCEEDdU4K4fTwVwuyg696

15 minutes ago, Luis Joan Mirabal said:

Oh, I see. So I have to wait till I actually buy the software for it to work. Is this the reason???

Carlosan meant your google drive file does not allow guests to access so we can see the link you posted. You will  need to change its permission settings when you share any files.

• Thanks 1

Can you please show us your material list and nodes in Blender. There are possibilities that Blender didnt recognise the naming of textures. If so, you'll have to manually link those node.

Since Blender use different y and z directions, you'll need to rotate and scale the model or change the settings in Coat.

Here the shaders, but I don't know how to show you the entire material list, is big. I am showing you on the last image within the applink objects and their materials. But not sure this is you wanted me to show you, I now some things inside blender but not so proficcient jet. Apologies. 

Please notice on the previews post that when exporitng from 3D Coat, I switch into cm instead of meters, like the video from 3D Coat suggested. 

1593836804_Screenshot2024-04-27105125.thumb.png.e191b67070fea54f08dc86dc70da74b8.png712572070_Screenshot2024-04-27105103.thumb.png.4b9a589bc461293ad32683e68bd7269f.png1809117476_Screenshot2024-04-27105037.thumb.png.6860301de3d3df23c4833c1943f574a3.png

Screenshot 2024-04-27 105438.png

Screenshot 2024-04-27 110112.png

From the previous image I saw the emission was missing, but now they look correct though. There is difference in transfering texture from a texture paint soft to Blender because they are baked and processed rather than procedural texture in Blender. As for how to minimize them, we'd better wait for a more professional answer. I dont use Coat to paint texture much.

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, Luis Joan Mirabal said:

Yes the second time it did, do not know why not whe I tryed the first time. But yes, it exported both smart textures on top of each other corrrectly. So, why this exercise, Carlosan, anything that you think it might had happened???

As a test, with your original model, perhaps try to simplify the naming of your file. Perhaps the different special characters in the file name is throwing the applink off. Name it something like Droid 01, and also uncheck (the separate location of the textures in the Export Dialog) EXPORT TEXTURES. This will place the texure files in the same folder as the OBJ or FBX file. Again, this is just a test, to see where the problem might be.

It did not work, sorry. But digging a little bit further I ran into this. On the Paint window, if I go to the scultp tree window panel next to Layers and Paintings Objects windows panels, when I disable those layers it appears to be similar to what I actually see inside blender. Maybe pushing buttons, trying things before,  I did something wrong. I remember to have clicked on  an option where I could put materials directly into the voxel mesh. Could not find it now. Don't know where I was.

Also if you notice it, the UV Map over those panels does not change, when I do this. Maybe there is a clue here for what is actually happening. 

Screenshot 2024-05-01 131704.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 131718.png

Posted (edited)

I found, I think, the problem, but not how to solve it. Activating voxel meshes or not, it still gets out without the propper texturing. Still going out of the software only as in the second picture from previuos post instead of the first. What do I need to do to make voxel meshes to render in the texture when it is active? Or, how do I pass these layers directlly to the texture in order to be visible in the exported texture. ?????

Edited by Luis Joan Mirabal

3DCoat have several types of mesh painting: Surface (or vertex), Voxel, Ptex, Microvertex and Per pixel painting.

Surface painting (also named Polypaint and Vertex Paint) allows painting on a model’s vertex surface without assigning a texture map, modifying vertex color attributes. 
Once you use any method to “Bake” your model and its UV topology into the Painting Room, all these painted details will be baked into this permanent mesh as a texture map, which can then be exported along with your mesh.

Voxel painting introduces true volumetric texture painting, which is not only a new paradigm within the application itself but to the entire industry as well.
To help illustrate why this is such a unique painting platform, the cubes represent voxels, and thus the user has true volumetric depth.
This does not mean vertex painting that paints the surface of the shape (even if with the benefit of not needing a UV map), but where you paint a volume to create a 3D texture, adding color to voxels.

PerPixelPainting after create an UV mapping assigns 3D coordinates to a 3D mesh vertex for mapping 2D textures. UV mapping assigns 3D coordinates to a 3D mesh vertex for mapping 2D textures, every pixel on the 2D texture is represented as a point in 3D space.
Painting is performed not over vertices but directly over pixels on the texture. 

Microvertex or displacement mapping is an alternative computer graphics technique in contrast to bump mapping, normal mapping, and parallax mapping, using a texture or height map to cause an effect where the actual geometric position of points over the textured surface are displaced, often along the local surface normal, according to the value the texture function evaluates to at each point on the surface.

Ptex painting is one of the more amazing technologies, allowing you to paint extremely high-resolution textures on a per polygon basis, as well as completely bypassing all UV work – as it does not require any manual input for the creation of the UV maps. Ptex, in its current implementation, only supports quad polygons, no triangles or N-gons.