3DCoat Forums

My personal requests/suggestions

Hi,

I've been using 3Dcoat for a while and it's amazing, that's the only word I can find...

Here are a couple of features I'd suggest thou:

- In the topology mode, I'd like to see something similar to what Topogun has now. The ability of creating patches by minimal use of strokes. 3D-Coat already has the tools for it (when doing circles), it just a matter of using them in a different way. Here is my suggestion in graphical mode:

post-1880-1249671049_thumb.jpg

So, the "number of segments" will determine the number of vertices on each stroke and the single stroke crossing the other will act like a loft, unless it's start or end is attatched to an existing vertice... More than one stroke will return the program to its default polygon creation which is determined by the multiple crossing of strokes.

- One thing that bugs me is that I have to press a button for "no simmetry". What if pressing AGAIN the symmetry button on each axis would toggle it? That way I can setup, let's say, a shortcut to "simmetry in X" using the X key and when ON, I can simply hit it again and turn OFF the simmetry. That's simple :)

- I'd love to see a "frame object" option in the viewport. With F or A being the shortcut.

- In add/split, whats the exactly meaning of the radius? It doesnt appear to affect anything and its kinda distracting...

- Maybe a "save brush" option? So I can setup my favorite alphas on each of them and everytime I load the program it would load this settings? At least give us the ability to have unique alphas on each brush. I use clay and build a lot, but each with different alphas.. and it's really boring to change it all the time.

- Why everytime I create another layer in the voxtree it changes the material I was using in the model to the default material ? It should use the same material, no?

- A "pinch" subfeature on each brush will be highly appreciated... but something that wont decrease the speed as the smooth on the "increase" brush does.

- A little axis on the corner of the screen showing the X,Y,Z positive/negative directions will be cool.

- Any plans for masks? I'd like to be able to protect some parts of my model while sculpting.

I'm sorry if any of these resquests were made already, didn't have time to read the whole forum.

I'm loving this program more and more and I'm sure it's an amazing add to any pipeline. It adds so much freedom for character creation.. :)

• Contributor
- One thing that bugs me is that I have to press a button for "no simmetry". What if pressing AGAIN the symmetry button on each axis would toggle it? That way I can setup, let's say, a shortcut to "simmetry in X" using the X key and when ON, I can simply hit it again and turn OFF the simmetry. That's simple :)

- Maybe a "save brush" option? So I can setup my favorite alphas on each of them and everytime I load the program it would load this settings? At least give us the ability to have unique alphas on each brush. I use clay and build a lot, but each with different alphas.. and it's really boring to change it all the time.

- Why everytime I create another layer in the voxtree it changes the material I was using in the model to the default material ? It should use the same material, no?

- A "pinch" subfeature on each brush will be highly appreciated... but something that wont decrease the speed as the smooth on the "increase" brush does.

+1 :)

• Advanced Member

It's already there. Go to "Windows" - "Popups" - "Presets"

Right click on the shader you want to use always, choose "Select default shader", it means set to default shader.

- A little axis on the corner of the screen showing the X,Y,Z positive/negative directions will be cool.

"View" - "Axis". I know that's not exactly you want, but similar.

Humm.. i'll try the presets, thanks.. are they individual for each brush? can I create multiple brushes presets? I'll take a look, thanks.. but still, to be able to have different alphas on each brush is not that big and would be extremely helpful. (to me at least, hah)

I know about the "default shader"but still doesn't solve the problem with multiple layers. If you decide to change the shader in the middle of the project (for a different view on the model), it won't change in every layer.

This default axis is huge isn't t? ;D

Right click on the shader you want to use always, choose "Select default shader", it means set to default shader.

The problem is that if you change the properties of a shader for one object, the others will stay the same. It would be useful if the program assigns instances of shaders, that can be shared between objects, instead of a local copy for each object.

The problem is that if you change the properties of a shader for one object, the others will stay the same. It would be useful if the program assigns instances of shaders, that can be shared between objects, instead of a local copy for each object.

Agreed. I would love to be able to copy/paste a shader with all the same settings, post edit, to another layer.