3DCoat Forums

Shepherd

ShnitzelKiller

• Contributor

Picture3-5.png

His limbs are still in the factory. How does it look so far?

looking good..like the designs on his face....guess you'll be adding horns?...personally I think it would look good also if you dragged his mouth section out n opened his mouth slightly, n then added teeth,.just a thought. .wink.gif .. but then again, we're not sure where you're headed with this yet, tho....pardon.gif

• Advanced Member

looking good..like the designs on his face....guess you'll be adding horns?...personally I think it would look good also if you dragged his mouth section out n opened his mouth slightly, n then added teeth,.just a thought. .wink.gif .. but then again, we're not sure where you're headed with this yet, tho....pardon.gif

Well, neither do I, so I guess I'll take any advice I get :/

• Advanced Member

Well, neither do I, so I guess I'll take any advice I get :/

Nothing wrong with starting from nothing and discovering the idea as it grows into one.

However, you could also find your next steps by stepping back and making some decisions (you don't have to be married to them) but ... maybe what do you think it could be?

Does it have horns? or is that something that is "expected" and maybe not.

maybe it has some exposed icky soft tissue, similar to gill material, but for some unknow organic purpose?

I kinda like the ?ear? holes for that more than horns. -- I'm not bashing orther's ideas here, just offering up alts.

Another way to move forward here is to take your model's screen shot and sketchover. make some quick thumbnail sketches and see what grows from that. changing your tools can change your outlook.

Big Cat-like mouth

Big Lizard-like ridges

Smallish Human-like torso

If you're going to keep the proportions... (big head) ... he's going to need some MEATY musculature around his neck and shoulders maybe?

block in some more - arms and legs, to see your overall proportions.

------ good luck :) keep goin'! and post some updates.

• Advanced Member

I have given him horns and tried to grow the body. I've run into a LOT of bugs, especially regarding the symmetry plane. I hate how it moves around. Suddenly the default position is a little to the right, now it's a little left, and that started when I added more voxel objects for each part, like a jaw. Oh yea, and I've given him a separate jaw so that I can put in some teeth.

• Contributor

I have given him horns and tried to grow the body. I've run into a LOT of bugs, especially regarding the symmetry plane. I hate how it moves around. Suddenly the default position is a little to the right, now it's a little left, and that started when I added more voxel objects for each part, like a jaw. Oh yea, and I've given him a separate jaw so that I can put in some teeth.

hey, Shnitze...did you forget to upload a pic, or did you just want to wait til u made more progress before posting a pic of it ?...

yea, that symmetry does get out of kilter..can be a real pain at times...sometimes mine will just stop working at all on the left side........i'm bad about not making sure my symmetry is in line with my model before i start working on it...don't guess there's any remedy to adjust the symmetry on a model once you've started working on it (or before you start, either) ,,or at least i haven't figured a remedy for adjusting it yet.

looking forward to seeing your progress on this model.drinks.gif