3DCoat Forums

External Brushes/Paint for 3dcoat?

break

Hello I was wondering something with 3dcoat. The paint seems very harsh on the object; like there is no subtlety to it even when I change the depth. I don't know if I'm just not used to it.

Also, I was wondering if a person had GIMP or Photoshop, would they be able to use those brushes or textures inside of 3dcoat?

Thanks

Hi there.

1. Are you having trouble with just the depth "hard" look, or the color and spec too? Could you show a screen shot or video to show more on this please. :)
  2. There are two ways you can do this;

• The first: You can project the model or the UV texture directly into just about any program that supports the .PSD file format (though PainterX seems to have trouble with it).
  • And the second: 3DC can use the .ABR format directly inside of the application for sculpting and texturing. You can also use your own .PSD files as brushes.

Hope this helps.

Hi there.

1. Are you having trouble with just the depth "hard" look, or the color and spec too? Could you show a screen shot or video to show more on this please. :)
  2. There are two ways you can do this;

• The first: You can project the model or the UV texture directly into just about any program that supports the .PSD file format (though PainterX seems to have trouble with it).
  • And the second: 3DC can use the .ABR format directly inside of the application for sculpting and texturing. You can also use your own .PSD files as brushes.

Hope this helps.

I don't want the hard look...I want it to look more natural. I was trying to go for a more realistic human skin tone. Do you know a good way of getting that?

Also, does GIMP integrate with 3dcoat?

I don't want the hard look...I want it to look more natural. I was trying to go for a more realistic human skin tone. Do you know a good way of getting that?

Also, does GIMP integrate with 3dcoat?

As I said, any program that supports the .PSD format should work, the only one I've encountered problems with is PainterX.

Please post a screen shot of your texturing issue.

• Advanced Member

Another thing you can use for a pen (or brush) are obj. files. Great for doing things with a 3D texture, normal maps etc.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by hard, but to get a less shiny like skin I just turn off the specularity.