3DCoat Forums

3.5 CUDA x64: Extrude tool used with rectangular lasso leaves artifacts

• Advanced Member

I was working on with one of my hard surface models and came across yet another very pesky bug. The topic says it all... The scene file and the video capture are provided on the link below...

http://rapidshare.com/files/419959315/JACOBO_EXTRUDE_BUGR.rar

AJ

EDIT: I changed the link to the files I provided before to Rapidshare. It can be copied and pasted to a download manager or alternately can be downloaded from its web page which is completely "pop-up" amd "spam" free...

Jacobo:

Please don't provide links to sites that force the installation of software, or the viewing of countless pop-ups and prolific advertisements in order to view your content. If you wish to provide still pictures to demonstrate the problems you are having, just do a "Print Screen" and attach a .jpg to your post - or better yet, do a screen capture of just a portion of your image and attach that.

The link you have provided is the same as spam, by the way.

If you want to use a non-malicious video service, just download Jing from Techsmith and take advantage of their free Screencast space and upload service. This is what we prefer.

Greg Smith

• Advanced Member

Jacobo:

Please don't provide links to sites that force the installation of software, or the viewing of countless pop-ups and prolific advertisements in order to view your content. If you wish to provide still pictures to demonstrate the problems you are having, just do a "Print Screen" and attach a .jpg to your post - or better yet, do a screen capture of just a portion of your image and attach that.

The link you have provided is the same as spam, by the way.

If you want to use a non-malicious video service, just download Jing from Techsmith and take advantage of their free Screencast space and upload service. This is what we prefer.

Greg Smith

Will Rapidshare do?

Visiting Rapidshare's home page, it looks innocent enough. I don't have enough experience with Rapidshare to know what comes after you sign up. As long as the visitors of your content are not subjected to advertising abuse, (pop-ups, involuntary page openings, mandatory software installation), then I'd say it's O.K.

But, why not try Jing. It's the fastest way, and free, to do what you are trying to do. Jing has both a still screen capture utility, as well as a video screen capture utility. Andrew uses it to communicate visual concepts. Of course, the choice is up to you.

Jing

Greg Smith

• Advanced Member

Visiting Rapidshare's home page, it looks innocent enough. I don't have enough experience with Rapidshare to know what comes after you sign up. As long as the visitors of your content are not subjected to advertising abuse, (pop-ups, involuntary page openings, mandatory software installation), then I'd say it's O.K.

But, why not try Jing. It's the fastest way, and free, to do what you are trying to do. Jing has both a still screen capture utility, as well as a video screen capture utility. Andrew uses it to communicate visual concepts. Of course, the choice is up to you.

Jing

Greg Smith

I'll give Jing a shot the next time I have just a screen capture movie to share. But in this case, I opted to bundle both scene file along with the capture...

• Advanced Member

The reason of this problem is exactly the same as in

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6191

Please read my answers there. Actually it is global problem that is partially solved.

Hi Andrew;

Tried out the Depth Shader and yeah, like you said; it partially solves the problem, cuz there are still artifacts visible. Yet I encountered a problem with that shader; when you switch to Orthographic view in the viewport, the whole object takes on a stepped faceted look which makes it impossible to work with it in that mode (Screen grab attached below)

post-1633-12849981748049_thumb.jpg