3DCoat Forums

Greg's WIP

Greg

• Contributor

Thanks Markus & Michalis both. :) I'll try again on the fabric. I think I understand what you're describing Michalis. I think I can do that in Lightwave.

Markus, that sounds like it just may work. I'm going to give it a try. I've tried to export the strips that come with 3D Coat to PSD but that crashes the program every time. I did let it submit a bug report. I thought I could see the layer setup better that way but no joy because of the crashes.

I'm having fun AND learning new things with this project so it's purpose is being realized. Also gotta remember that (in the animation) this couch is small and was made by and for a rat. They're not known for their craftsmanship! lol :)

Greg

• Contributor

Couch getting boring by now I know but wanted to post update. I think I like the last one better. :( Anyway I stitched together the UV maps that I could in Blender. I'm probably going to work on this a little more (mainly the stitches), or just go back to the previous version. It's just a background prop so I know I'm over thinking/working this.

post-2799-0-55338300-1311115931_thumb.jp

• Contributor

Thanks Michalis & Tony! I know I didn't make the best use of the UV space when I stitched them together in Blender but I've never done that before. Good to know how though and it was fairly easy. I appreciate you both taking the time to comment. :)

• Reputable Contributor

Couch getting boring by now I know but wanted to post update. I think I like the last one better. :( Anyway I stitched together the UV maps that I could in Blender. I'm probably going to work on this a little more (mainly the stitches), or just go back to the previous version. It's just a background prop so I know I'm over thinking/working this.

That would make a cool T-Shirt. "Hi, My name is_____and I'm a recovering (IMAGE) Couch Potato!" :p:

• Contributor

That would make a cool T-Shirt. "Hi, My name is_____and I'm a recovering (IMAGE) Couch Potato!" :p:

rofl - good catch! I could wear that one! :D